Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KoStarringMe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at a medical school early January...and was supposed to hear back within 6 weeks. As of today, I have heard nothing. Whenever I call the admissions office, the keep giving me the run around and just tell me to keepw waiting. I wanted to ask all of you...what do you think about calling the dean??? Does it seem too pushy or rude to inquire from the dean or is it common policy. The reason I want to know is that I have a deposit due at another school soon and I dont wanna pay it if I dont have to. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would not call or email the dean unless you've had some personal contact and had been invited to communicate personally. Many schools are taking longer than advertised to get back to people, so lots of people are in the same boat. I think you just have to pay those deposits (some of which are refundable, anyway) until you hear from the school you like better.

Personally, I would pay the deposit (hopefully it's refundable!) and wait it out. The most frustrating part of this process is doing that, but I'm not sure that I would call the dean. Some schools just take a while--call it disorganization, or problems with decision making! Good luck and hope you hear soon :)

My roommate stared interviews in December and finished finished in feb., yet he has not heard either, but he WILL get in (he has the numbers/experience and is the best person at being professional at interviews), so I'd say don't sweat it yet.