help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tortuga

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,
I've been putting everything I have into working on getting to med school for the past two years, and I applied to a ton of BS/MD programs and got rejected by all of them. I don't know why I got rejected- i thought I did everything right. Does anyone have any advice or ideas or just....a similar experience? I don't even know what to do from here.
~ tortuga :(

Members don't see this ad.

tortuga said:
hello,
I've been putting everything I have into working on getting to med school for the past two years, and I applied to a ton of BS/MD programs and got rejected by all of them. I don't know why I got rejected- i thought I did everything right. Does anyone have any advice or ideas or just....a similar experience? I don't even know what to do from here.
if u got rejected.... apply to regular schools and just do the normal route. life is definately not over.

tortuga said:
hello,

Just do it the long way like the rest of us. Get your BS and do well in college first, and then take the MCAT...

Members don't see this ad :)
tortuga said:
hello,

If you don't get into medical school, then obviously either you are doing something wrong or something is on your application that the admission committees don't like. I've heard this from every med school dean I've had the pleasure of talking with: if you don't *CHANGE* something from one application year to the next, how do you expect to change your application that was originally rejected? My point being...if you were rejected one year and don't do something different (better MCAT, take extra classes, do research, etc.) then how do you expect NOT to be rejected again?

Either way, good luck with the application process. It's a bitch ;)

Not sure which BS/MD programs you applied to, but most of those programs are only for freshman applicants (those coming straight out of H.S.). So if you are in college, just get your BA/BS like just about everyone else.