Interview Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spongebobdoc

Reaction score
I have an interview coming up for an MD program. I want to know about the latest medical news and what not. Where can I learn about this? I don't know anything's that going on and want to have a decent background if asked any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview coming up for an MD program. I want to know about the latest medical news and what not. Where can I learn about this? I don't know anything's that going on and want to have a decent background if asked any questions.
You haven't been doing this already? You haven't followed ANY news in the last 3 years? We post a lot on our social media pages. I'm sure we can give you plenty of ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You haven't been doing this already? You haven't followed ANY news in the last 3 years? We post a lot on our social media pages. I'm sure we can give you plenty of ideas.
Can you link me to said social media pages please :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Major newspapers/websites like New York Times, NPR, etc all have health sections. Scroll through some of the articles and read them. Obviously they are likely to have some bias, but it's a starting point to do more research and educate yourself about the subject. Med school interviewers don't expect you to know about major breakthroughs in treatment of X condition, they want you to be able to have an informed opinion about public health issues, health policy, etc that are relevant to you. If you are paying even a little bit of attention to the world around you these topics are ripe for the picking.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Major newspapers/websites like New York Times, NPR, etc all have health sections. Scroll through some of the articles and read them. Obviously they are likely to have some bias, but it's a starting point to do more research and educate yourself about the subject. Med school interviewers don't expect you to know about major breakthroughs in treatment of X condition, they want you to be able to have an informed opinion about public health issues, health policy, etc that are relevant to you. If you are paying even a little bit of attention to the world around you these topics are ripe for the picking.
Thank you!

Taken to conversation.

Those currently enrolled in SDN yesterday received the NYT Opinion video on how the US responded to the opioid crisis and the unfortunate impact on patients with chronic pain. Enrollees are getting something every evening to complement resources that are part of the course during this "before I apply" phase.

Many open-source authoritative resources are curated, including a few PBS-branded Frontline episodes while they are available. If you have PBS Passport, "Picture a Scientist" is a must-view about the systems built against women/female academics, including instances of relevance to #MeToo .

• Love
Reactions: 1 user