help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicagodoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really stressed out. I had an undergrad GPA of about a 3.25 and I am currently doing my masters and I have a 3.5. I have tons of leader extra cirrics, lots of medical experience, honor socieites, and I am working full time at one of the top researh hospitals in the country. I am finishing my pre reqs this summer and taking the MCATS in September. I will apply early and send the results in as they come. Please tell me that I have a shot at something. Any help would be useful. I am at the end right now, its now or never. 2008 has to be it for me. where should I apply. Do I have a shot at allopathic schools or just osteopathic schools?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am really stressed out. I had an undergrad GPA of about a 3.25 and I am currently doing my masters and I have a 3.5. I have tons of leader extra cirrics, lots of medical experience, honor socieites, and I am working full time at one of the top researh hospitals in the country. I am finishing my pre reqs this summer and taking the MCATS in September. I will apply early and send the results in as they come. Please tell me that I have a shot at something. Any help would be useful. I am at the end right now, its now or never. 2008 has to be it for me. where should I apply. Do I have a shot at allopathic schools or just osteopathic schools?
thanks

depends on MCAT. get 30+ and you will be fine (this is no easy task of course)

definately apply to your state schools. September is a little late for the MCAT so that might hold you back a little. You may need a few points higher to compensate. :luck:

1. Can you take your MCAT sooner - let's say July? It would help to get an early application.
2. Apply broadly to a lot of schools including low tier med schools and osteopathic schools to increase your chance.