Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pbehzad, Jul 14, 2002.

1. pbehzad

pbehzad Faddayy
    7+ Year Member

how much does biochem help on mcat. i was planning on taking it senior year. i have already taken genetics :mad:, and was planning on taking human physiology and cell bio my junior year with physics. is biochem really that helpful for mcat? cause im going to be soph this year and the only science im taking is orgo, so i really dont want to double up sciences.
    thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I never took Biochem and I did fine (11) on the biological section. I would say take it before the mcat only if it won't interfer with your preparation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr. H

7+ Year Member

i agree with the above poster. i took the mcat with 2 semesters of intro bio and got a 12 on bio, so I think you can do well without it. But I do know that I wouldn've have got many more questions right if I had taken physiology/biochem, I think i could mustered at least 2 points more. so its up to you!

4. rajneel1

rajneel1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

it helps a decent amount

5. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    if you are a florida resident, or you ever plan on applying to mayo, U Florida or U Michigan, TAKE IT! I'm taking biochem this summer--the summer before med school--because I didn't take it in undergrad. Screw the mcats, take it so they let u into med school! :laugh: Otherwise I would have had to defer a year for one stuuuupid class. :rolleyes:

6. lady bug

7+ Year Member

Add FSU to that list- they require both biochem I & II! (how ridiculous.....arrghhh :( )

7. Femtochemistry

Femtochemistry Skunk Works
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I took biochem I & II at Pitt. I loved it!! I am planning to take the august mcat, and i think that biochem is helping me answer a lot of the Q's on the BS section. :clap: :clap: