help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much does biochem help on mcat. i was planning on taking it senior year. i have already taken genetics :mad:, and was planning on taking human physiology and cell bio my junior year with physics. is biochem really that helpful for mcat? cause im going to be soph this year and the only science im taking is orgo, so i really dont want to double up sciences.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I never took Biochem and I did fine (11) on the biological section. I would say take it before the mcat only if it won't interfer with your preparation.

i agree with the above poster. i took the mcat with 2 semesters of intro bio and got a 12 on bio, so I think you can do well without it. But I do know that I wouldn've have got many more questions right if I had taken physiology/biochem, I think i could mustered at least 2 points more. so its up to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
it helps a decent amount

if you are a florida resident, or you ever plan on applying to mayo, U Florida or U Michigan, TAKE IT! I'm taking biochem this summer--the summer before med school--because I didn't take it in undergrad. Screw the mcats, take it so they let u into med school! :laugh: Otherwise I would have had to defer a year for one stuuuupid class. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Doctora Foxy
if you are a florida resident, or you ever plan on applying to mayo, U Florida or U Michigan, TAKE IT! I'm taking biochem this summer--the summer before med school--because I didn't take it in undergrad. Screw the mcats, take it so they let u into med school! :laugh: Otherwise I would have had to defer a year for one stuuuupid class. :rolleyes:

Add FSU to that list- they require both biochem I & II! (how ridiculous.....arrghhh :( )

I took biochem I & II at Pitt. I loved it!! I am planning to take the august mcat, and i think that biochem is helping me answer a lot of the Q's on the BS section. :clap: :clap: