Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMFLA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied as a PGY2 through ERAS, but its confusing. I think programs think Im applying for PGY1. Ive been offered 1 and denied 1 offer for interview but for PGY2? What can I do?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I dont get your question clearly. You are a PGY 2? You can do it outside the match. good luck

I think the match is only for PGY 1 positions. The exception being fields like Anesthesia where you can match to a second year spot after your prelim year. The match isn't used to fill openings in higher PGY years. Thus, I think you have inadvertently applied for first year spots.

The match is for PGY-1 (preliminary or categorical) and PGY-2 positions (advanced), and some fellowships.

You can search for and apply to positions above the pgy-2 level (if you are currently PGY-2), but only outside of the match.

If you are not currently PGY-2 (but are currently pgy-1 or have completed your internship year), you can apply through the match for advanced positions (PGY-2).

Good luck.