1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nichols195, Oct 30, 2002.

1. nichols195

nichols195 Member
    7+ Year Member

OK, until very recently I was unaware that if you take 30+ days to send in a secondary that some schools will think you are not interested. I sent my Ohio State app in 33 days after I received the email. This school happens to be my first choice but due to attempts at perfecting my 2 essays for the school, as well as being unaware of their 30 day policy (which they did not include in the email) I did not get it in until a few days over a month after I received it.

I am wondering if I just screwed myself out of what happens to be my first choice! Do I email them about this or just wait it out? I am relatively competitive with a 3.6 overall, 3.6 science, and 31 MCAT. Somebody please tell me this will not hurt me! If you must tell me it will, do it gently.

In the past week I have sent in all my remaining secondaries (I was a late MCAT taker, and I didnt turn in amcas until about september 10th). Am I so late in the game that I need to worry about classes being full by the time I actually get to interview? Is it possible to interview before January considering these circumstances?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am sure you will be fine, but you should call the Admissions Office and verify that your application is complete.

I believe most schools put a deadline for return the secondary application to push us applicants to get our materials in faster. But I don't think they stick to those dates rigidly.

Best of luck.