HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slydawgg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone! i'm really worried about getting into medical school. does anyone have any advice out there? i have a 3.92 gpa (4.0 sciences) and a 39S (13-15V, 14P, 12B) on the MCAT. i'm a little worried about my EC's tho. i've only published two papers and am primary author on only one. in addition, the free clinic that i opened recently is not as successful as i had hoped it would be. so i guess what i'm saying is, should i even apply to med school? i here del caribe is pretty easy and ponce too, but i just don't know if i can cut it there. appreciate your help! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Re-take the MCAT and this time actually study for it, enroll in a vigorous post-bach program to raise your dismal GPA, and for goodness sakes, start doing some ECs that actually show a remote interest in medicine! Don't mean to sound so harsh, but you need to start taking this whole pre-med thing a lot more seriously. If you don't straighten up, you might end up in some dump like Harvard or Hopkins and end up having to match in neurosurgery or something.

hi. thanks for the response. actually, i am currently preparing for the august mcat. (fingers-crossed!) as for those EC's, they only concern me because i think that med schools will hold against me the fact that i am only 19 years old. in addition, i'm enrolled in a horrible master's program here at roswell park cancer institute. you can see what other students say about it here:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/roswellparkmasters/Student_Evaluation" target="_blank">web page</a>

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by slydawgg:
•i think that med schools will hold against me the fact that i am only 19 years old.•••••19? Your birthdate is April 1978....so, maybe you are older then 19? Or maybe, you put the wrong birthdate into your profile? :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Wifty:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by slydawgg:
•i think that med schools will hold against me the fact that i am only 19 years old.•••••19? Your birthdate is April 1978....so, maybe you are older then 19? Or maybe, you put the wrong birthdate into your profile? :)•••••Great scott! It appears that slydawgg is not being completely honest in this post. I'm sorry that I wasted my perfectly good advice on this sham of a post.

I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.

i love the smell of fresh laundry
and ryo-okhi, i'd probably have to kill you if you sang off key :wink:

haha.. if you are seriously gonna retake the MCAT because you got a 39.. then dude you are messed up in the head.

Although this post is funny, do you see what it has done? Now premeds are posting similar topics in here.

TTTTTTRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

TTTTTTRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Oh and can you guys pls take a look at REAL HELP NEEDED. Thanks. :)

TrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTroll TrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTroll :mad:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by silvercholla:
•TTTTTTRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

TrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTroll TrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTroll :mad: •••••Oh please. It's humor. Get over yourself.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by bonecutter:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by silvercholla:
•TTTTTTRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

TrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTroll TrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTrollTroll :mad: •••••Oh please. It's humor. Get over yourself.•••••No you get over yourself.... I was just teasing, jeeezzz