Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1drhopeful03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanna pick a couple more schools to apply to before I submit my application. I'm a VA resident so I have everything in VA covered. I am looking at more genourous med schools to apply to, or those that are a little easier to get into because my MCAT score isn't to high.

Can anyone suggest schools which don't put very much weight on the MCAT?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There have been several threads on this same topic recently, so be sure to look for those too! :)

GWU
NYMC
Finch/CMS
Albany
Vermont
Temple
MCP Hahnemann
Loyola
SLU
Creighton

How about U Pitt??

And how about G-Town?

Members don't see this ad :)
i always wondered... what's georgetown's reputation ? i 've heard tons about undergrad, but hardly hear anything about the med school itself. I know all med schools are great, but i can't seem to find rankings or anything on it :confused:

Georgetown used to be in the top tier, so they definitely have a good reputation...although I heard lately they are having money problems :confused:

I wouldn't say Pitt or Georgetown are part of the "easier" schools to get into...

G-Town's money problems are "fixed" in that it shouldn't prevent anyone from going there. Basically they sold their hospital to a for-profit company but retain control over it, more or less. It is basically just a financial arrangement -- to help the hospital get more patients and be more efficient and get reimbursed better. I'd go there if they'd just take me off the damned waitlist.