Help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 1drhopeful03, Jun 26, 2002.

1. 1drhopeful03

1drhopeful03 Junior Member

I wanna pick a couple more schools to apply to before I submit my application. I'm a VA resident so I have everything in VA covered. I am looking at more genourous med schools to apply to, or those that are a little easier to get into because my MCAT score isn't to high.

Can anyone suggest schools which don't put very much weight on the MCAT?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    There have been several threads on this same topic recently, so be sure to look for those too! :)

GWU
    NYMC
    Finch/CMS
    Albany
    Vermont
    Temple
    MCP Hahnemann
    Loyola
    SLU
    Creighton

4. Tweetie_bird

How about U Pitt??

And how about G-Town?

5. jintonic5

jintonic5 Senior Member

i always wondered... what's georgetown's reputation ? i 've heard tons about undergrad, but hardly hear anything about the med school itself. I know all med schools are great, but i can't seem to find rankings or anything on it :confused:

6. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    Georgetown used to be in the top tier, so they definitely have a good reputation...although I heard lately they are having money problems :confused:

I wouldn't say Pitt or Georgetown are part of the "easier" schools to get into...

7. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat

G-Town's money problems are "fixed" in that it shouldn't prevent anyone from going there. Basically they sold their hospital to a for-profit company but retain control over it, more or less. It is basically just a financial arrangement -- to help the hospital get more patients and be more efficient and get reimbursed better. I'd go there if they'd just take me off the damned waitlist.