Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 1drhopeful03, Jun 26, 2002.

1. 1drhopeful03

1drhopeful03 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wanna pick a couple more schools to apply to before I submit my application. I'm a VA resident so I have everything in VA covered. I am looking at more genourous med schools to apply to, or those that are a little easier to get into because my MCAT score isn't to high.

Can anyone suggest schools which don't put very much weight on the MCAT?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    There have been several threads on this same topic recently, so be sure to look for those too! :)

GWU
    NYMC
    Finch/CMS
    Albany
    Vermont
    Temple
    MCP Hahnemann
    Loyola
    SLU
    Creighton

4. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

How about U Pitt??

And how about G-Town?

5. jintonic5

jintonic5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i always wondered... what's georgetown's reputation ? i 've heard tons about undergrad, but hardly hear anything about the med school itself. I know all med schools are great, but i can't seem to find rankings or anything on it :confused:

6. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Georgetown used to be in the top tier, so they definitely have a good reputation...although I heard lately they are having money problems :confused:

I wouldn't say Pitt or Georgetown are part of the "easier" schools to get into...

7. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

G-Town's money problems are "fixed" in that it shouldn't prevent anyone from going there. Basically they sold their hospital to a for-profit company but retain control over it, more or less. It is basically just a financial arrangement -- to help the hospital get more patients and be more efficient and get reimbursed better. I'd go there if they'd just take me off the damned waitlist.