Help

AdamBarnes23

Apr 25, 2011
    Hi there, looking for any help. I graduated from Rutgers with a BA in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and a minor in Psychology from Rutgers University. My cumulative and science were both roughly 3.0. My grades were Physics (A, A), Physics Lab (A, A), Chemistry (B, C+), Chem Lab (B), Biology (B, B) with lab included, Organic Chemistry (B, B), Organic Chemistry Lab (B), Genetics (A), Genetics Lab (A+), etc.. I know I need to take the MCAT and get above a certain score and I intend on doing that. The only thing is that it's been five years since I graduated (I know I'm a bum). What should I do at this point? Do I need to repeat courses at a community college? Should I just go to a pre-med program at a Caribbean medical school? Or would taking the MCAT be almost my first priority? Also, should I starting working in some kind of medical profession like a nurse or in the military?

Aphtalyfe

10+ Year Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    1. Attending Physician
      Hi there, looking for any help. I graduated from Rutgers with a BA in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and a minor in Psychology from Rutgers University. My cumulative and science were both roughly 3.0. My grades were Physics (A, A), Physics Lab (A, A), Chemistry (B, C+), Chem Lab (B), Biology (B, B) with lab included, Organic Chemistry (B, B), Organic Chemistry Lab (B), Genetics (A), Genetics Lab (A+), etc.. I know I need to take the MCAT and get above a certain score and I intend on doing that. The only thing is that it's been five years since I graduated (I know I'm a bum). What should I do at this point? Do I need to repeat courses at a community college? Should I just go to a pre-med program at a Caribbean medical school? Or would taking the MCAT be almost my first priority? Also, should I starting working in some kind of medical profession like a nurse or in the military?

If you're trying to get into a Caribbean school, I would just take a review course and then take the MCAT.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.