Helppp What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalnerd124

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys so I am applying to dental school this year and I am getting a bit nervous now. I was wondering what my chances are in getting into any schools really.

My DAT score is AA 26.
My GPA is overall a 3.908 and my sciences is a 3.91

I have a lot of hours of shadowing and dental assisting. I am on the exec board of multiple clubs. I do research on dinosaurs (probably the coolest thing I do). I have volunteered abroad as well. I have all the general extracurricular activities.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

i do not know why you are even asking this, unless you want people to tell you that you did a good job. you're obviously smart; a 3.9 gpa is extremely high and so is a 26AA. you could probably get in anywhere you want provided you dont bomb the interview lol

Reactions: 4 users
i do not know why you are even asking this, unless you want people to tell you that you did a good job. you're obviously smart; a 3.9 gpa is extremely high and so is a 26AA. you could probably get in anywhere you want provided you dont bomb the interview lol
on a second note, ill believe that 26AA when i see it!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
26AA and 3.9GPA....I stopped reading after I read those 2 numbers

Reactions: 2 users
You do know the DAT is out of 30, right? I would highly recommend that you retake it to improve your score. I would also recommend that you get your Masters and build a dental clinic in Africa using only tooth picks and rubber bands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Would love to see the score. I don't believe any self-respecting dental student who has done his work would even ask such a ridiculous question. You would already know what the average DAT score is for students accepted into dental schools. What kind of dental student, who has a 3.9gpa and 26AA would ask if they have a chance of going to Dental School? That would be like a senior who has a 4.0 and a 32ACT and 1470 SAT asking if they can get into college. If the OP is legit, he may be smart as hell, book wise, but there's something not right lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would love to see the score. I don't believe any self-respecting dental student who has done his work would even ask such a ridiculous question. You would already know what the average DAT score is for students accepted into dental schools. What kind of dental student, who has a 3.9gpa and 26AA would ask if they have a chance of going to Dental School? That would be like a senior who has a 4.0 and a 32ACT and 1470 SAT asking if they can get into college. If the OP is legit, he may be smart as hell, book wise, but there's something not right lol
Lol Ik tons of ppl that are nutcases irl. Sometimes it's just the society/pressure we're raised in. Whether it be self induced, or from parents there's always the crazy people out there. I'm not really that surprised. Heck when I was in HS I had a 1420 or 1430 SAT on the two sections and thought I was stupid because I did no work to get it lmao.

id still like to see that score report..........

The username is a lil fishy too and the fact they just joined and seem to have have taken the dat without having a basic undertasning of how the exam is scored

Reactions: 1 user
Not even a 4.0? or a 27? bro, sorry but you may need to rethink your entire career man.

:spam:

Edit: Well, maybe not... 27AA and have a similar GPA and I got deferred at one school and haven't heard from two others so who knows
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm honestly getting tired of people making stupid posts like this. A 26 AA and a 3.9 science GPA. Bruh.....
-____-

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
You do know the DAT is out of 30, right? I would highly recommend that you retake it to improve your score. I would also recommend that you get your Masters and build a dental clinic in Africa using only tooth picks and rubber bands.
OMG, this is hilarious...Thanks, I really need a good laugh..building a dental clinic out of tooth picks and rubber bands..hehehe