Helpppp Advice caught smoking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ballin23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they would care all that much if your stats are there...unless you took all your exams stoned. Probably depends on the adcom as well.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

You should double check whether or not this is something you need to report, but either way it won't be a huge deal assuming you can answer an interviewer's question about it.

If the cops weren't involved and it was merely an institutional action, then it will not be devastating to your application. I have seen people with marijuana related institutional actions on their applications still be interviewed.

That said, you better have a solid application to make up for this mistake, don't expect adcoms to turn a blind eye to it. If you have an impressive application otherwise, then they can overlook it.

IIF this will appear on your record as some sort of Administrative Action, then yes, you might be in trouble. However, time can mitigate the action. We were all young and stupid once.

I predict that if everything else is strong, that you will probably get interviews, and you'd just have to explain it there.

So my freshman year I was caught on a weekend smoking with a couple of my friends marijuana. It was a dumb immature mistake. I was not put on probation just had to write a essay of why marijuana is bad. I feel dumb now that this is catching up to me. What are my chances that this will effect me solely from receiving an interview or acceptance? will they just throw my application away? It was not my marijuana but I did admit to smoking. I have never been caught since or before, I volunteer at local elementary school as well at basketball camps. Is this a major issue I should worry about when applying to MD programs?

Has anyone gone through a similar situation?

Thanks for the help and advice.

:sendoff: Ey ju! Porque fumares la mota?

It's sounds like it wasn't even an institutional action. You should be okay.

I just want to say: be prepared to give a very well explanation during the interview. Chances are, if found out, they will mostly crucify you.

Nobody is going to crucify OP over a weed violation. Relax.

figure out if it was listed as IA or not. but it probably won't kill your chances or anything - it was just weed