1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Heme/Onc and International Health

Discussion in 'Other Subspecialties' started by labrynth79, Mar 13, 2007.

1. labrynth79

labrynth79 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all,

I have a very strong interest in International/Global Health and I originally planned on pursuing an I.D. fellowship. However, I spent one month of 4th year on a Heme/Onc consult month, and I really liked it!

Unfortunately, I have limited experience with Heme/Onc in the setting of Global Health. There seems to be a limited scope of oncologic health care services, particularly in the "developing" countires.

Does anyone have examples of Heme/Onc faculty/attendings/people who practice Heme/Onc but also do a significant amount of International/Global Health work? Particularly people based in the United States?

Does anyone have examples of the type of projects/work that people in Heme/Onc can participate in on a global level that is NOT research driven?

thanks for any help! :)

2. Dr. Roket

Dr. Roket aka Dr. Henry Killinger
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm a first year with research experience in oncology, also interested in global health, nothing to add really, just thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...