Henry Ford and other community programs in Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amma

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I interviewd at Ford, Beaumont, and a couple other community programs (as well as academic) in metro Detroit, but since I am not from around there I dont know how to rank them?! :cool:
Does anyone have any inside advice?? I want to go somewhere with awesome training and as happy as possible residents....

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed all over comm programs in metro det too. I rotated at Ford for a month too. It was a tough month, the residents are really busy, and were at times pretty stressed, although I was on the busiest service. They seemed happy though. At Beaumont, the residents were ecstatic, but it seemed almost creepy to me. Dont know what else to tell you....

Anyone have any information on Providence Medical Center/St John's Health System (Southfield, MI)?

Very DO friendly (I noticed you are from an osteopathic school) - I dont think you can do much there if you want to get a high powered fellowship though. Very nice hospital, clean, nice area of Detroit suburbs....I didnt actually interview there, but I have family who work in the system.