Hep B Vaccine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buckeye(OH)

5K+ Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Holy ****, have you guys started the series yet?

I initited the first shot yesterday and it rocked my world. Im still ****ing sick.

:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Buckeye(OH) said:

I initited the first shot yesterday and it rocked my world. Im still ****ing sick.

I had mine last year. I don't remember having any problems with it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I started the series in Nov. and I had a fever for about 24 hrs from the first one, but didn't react to the 2nd or 3rd dose at all. Hope you feel better!

Yeah, I dont get it. I mean, I rarely get sick but I had to leave work early yesterday and I left early today too.

Im not the kinda person that just goes home because they are a little ill either. Dammit!

I had the series about 15 years ago (or so...). I remember my arm being VERY sore from all three shots - hurt like h*ll to lift it more than 45 degrees or work out. But no fever. Might want to call the clinic where you got the shot just to make sure the side effects are within expected/known problems if you're sicker than expected. I have heard of people with bad side effects that couldn't complete the series. I also know of a guy who ended up getting SIX shots and his titer never did come up to acceptable levels. good luck.

I'm getting my third one in July. The first two went pretty okay, no fever, and really didn't feel that sick. Watch, the last one, I'll probably be sick for a week.

I have already had the first two shots and I need my third. If you wait to long between each shot do you have to start over? It has been several months.

I had my third really late. Like 8+ months after the second shot. It didn't seem to matter.

Buckeye, I'm surprised you got sick. I had no complications at all. Hopefully it goes away soon. I doubt you'll have any problems with the 2nd and 3rd (considering you'll have been exposed to it already).

The third shot time frame is more like a minimum. You have to wait at least 6 months, after that it doesn't matter too much as long as you don't wait for ever. I had my third one like 9 or 10 months after my second. Wasn't a problem.

My last titer check was fine.

I started my series about a year ago before going on a mission to Honduras, but I didn't have any side effects.

Hope you feel better and ditto on the call the clinic comment.

I had issues with a sore arm for the first 24-48 hours, but no fever or anything. Two down, one to go...

Yeah, I felt really s**tty the day after my first two innoculations. The day after the third one I felt fine though.

I think that alot of the issue with a person feeling the effects of a vaccination is dependent on the person in question. In other words it depends on your own body.

The Hep B vaccination is not the first vaccination that has left me laid up either.
I felt crappy for several days after I received my meningitis vaccination. The preservative thimerosal is frequently used to suspend these vaccinations and people are sometimes allergic to it.

THatd be real sweet if they gave me Hep B disease instead of Hep B vaccine. Lawsuit....comin right up!

Buckeye(OH) said:
THatd be real sweet if they gave me Hep B disease instead of Hep B vaccine. Lawsuit....comin right up!

lol :laugh:

Thimerosol is a neurotoxin.. I believe that they are phasing it out of use, if it's still in any of these vaccines...

I haven't started this series yet.. I don't have any record of having the vaccine as a kid.. so I guess I better get started (much to my dismay)...

I got my third Heb B shot earlier this year, and that was at least 9 years after receiving the first two. :eek:

No worries, though. I got my titer results last week, and it was >1000. I can't recall the units right now, but the printout said anything >10 is considered immunity by the CDC. :p

So yeah... six months is a minimum. ;)

Buckeye(OH) said:

I got mine while I was in the military. :p Now, they just have to check for antibodies. :)