Hepatitis B Immunization Shots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sky778

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am not sure if I am asking about this at the right forum...if not maybe the mod can transfer this thread to the appropriate one :p

I am recently accepted and have decided to attend KCU...As I am working through the immunization form I realize that I may not have all three shots done before the form is due (the third Hep B shots need a 6 months gap time from the first one.). I just got my first Hep B today. The reason why I am repeating the series is that I don't have an official record of those shots.

Anybody has similar issues? Will the schools be okay if I submit the form first and then proceed to complete the shots? Specifically can any KCU students give me some information on this?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All,

I am not sure if I am asking about this at the right forum...if not maybe the mod can transfer this thread to the appropriate one :p

I am recently accepted and have decided to attend KCU...As I am working through the immunization form I realize that I may not have all three shots done before the form is due (the third Hep B shots need a 6 months gap time from the first one.). I just got my first Hep B today. The reason why I am repeating the series is that I don't have an official record of those shots.

Anybody has similar issues? Will the schools be okay if I submit the form first and then proceed to complete the shots? Specifically can any KCU students give me some information on this?

Thanks!!

Hey Sky,

I would definitely contact KCU's dept of admissions ASAP and let them know what is going on and keep them updated if you haven't already!

And you didn't do a titer why? As long as you start your first or second Hep B shot before starting and you continue it's fine. But you should communicate with admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
They mention Hep B during interviews every year because this happens but students are always anxious about the interview.

I wouldn't worry about it. Contact admissions and tell them your situation.

For Lmu, the deadline gets extended after each hep b shot and then the last blood test a month after the 3rd shot. I got final compliant a few weeks ago after first submitting paperwork back in March.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

@AlteredScale @chizledfrmstone @Drrrrrr. Celty @Gordon Gekko Thanks for the feedback. I mean I didn't get accepted until November and it took me a month to ultimately decide on which school to attend. Realistically it shouldn't be a problem right? I mean Hep B is not required and not everybody has an electronic/official record.

@chizledfrmstone you mean interview from KCU? What did they say about it?

@AlteredScale @chizledfrmstone @Drrrrrr. Celty @Gordon Gekko Thanks for the feedback. I mean I didn't get accepted until November and it took me a month to ultimately decide on which school to attend. Realistically it shouldn't be a problem right? I mean Hep B is not required and not everybody has an electronic/official record.

@chizledfrmstone you mean interview from KCU? What did they say about it?

I remember when I interviewed there a couple of years ago they reminded students to start the Hep B early if necessary because it's a 6 month process. It's a hectic day and people are nervous about the interview so they tend to forget.

Hey All,

Thanks!!

Please view my last post about hep B immunizations on KCU's discussion thread.