hey 2 questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dchyno

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay first question i got is, i'm currently in chexsystems, does that make me not elligible to be a pharmacy tech, pharmacist, or work in a pharmacy under any circumstances?

and second, i heard from people that the us is headed toward tougher times in the next 10-20 years, so how is that going to affect the job market as far as pharmacy jobs are concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

If the US is going to have hard times does it really matter what you are doing. People have been saying that we are going to have hard times for the last 200 years we'll get over it. (The Great Depression) that sucked!

poor or rich times, people are still sick.

Members don't see this ad :)
okay first question i got is, i'm currently in chexsystems, does that make me not elligible to be a pharmacy tech, pharmacist, or work in a pharmacy under any circumstances?

and second, i heard from people that the us is headed toward tougher times in the next 10-20 years, so how is that going to affect the job market as far as pharmacy jobs are concerned?

The little bit of reading I did on chexsystems seems to indicate a period of financial difficulty. As far as I know unless you commited some sort of financial fraud and were therefore convicted of a felony, you should have no problem with pharmacy tech since all they are concerned with is felony convictions and drug offenses. Even then, I don't know how many states do background checks for techs.

Now money troubles may make it difficult to get private loans for tuition, I'm not sure if/how it would affect FAFSA related assistance. In that sense it would make things more difficult, but not impossible in the sense of paying for PharmD. If you are certified for either tech or Pharmacist, again short of drug/felony conviction, work should not be a problem.

im in san francisco, ca. i used to live in bergen county new jersey and had gotten arrested for a minor canibus posession. but it's nothin more than that. is this going to hurt my chances for pharmacy?