Hey all COMLEX only or need USMLE for neuro residencies..?

Started by license43
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm an incoming OMS1, so take my advice as you please, but besides working harder, what are the down sides to taking the USMLE? It only will make you a better student, open more doors, and prove that you are hard working. You should definitely take it.
 
Yes take both, they will compare you vs your MD counterparts. IF they cant have any ground to compare you to, they will just discard your app to put it bluntly
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have to take it... I'll match somewhere, whether its PMR, IM or Neuro but I'm definitely going to bust my you know what to do well. I usually do well on standardized exams so i'm not worried.

I think w/ Ankie, broencephalon, U World ill be ready, or at least get average on the USMLE.
because you are graduating in a post merger world i would strongly recommend it. Peoples mind change all the time on what they want to go into. You dont want close any doors. But, w.e yolo, you do you fam