Hey Bananaface

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SlaveRPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. If someone speaks the truth about pharmacy, and its an unpleasant fact or facts that are stated here do you ban them for telling the truth?.

I think if you want a sterile forum you should send the students to *edited by DrMom: link removed. Please do not use our forums to promote other forums that are not partnered with SDN*

Let them get an unsensored view and make up their own minds. I think free speech is good for all. Pharmacy needs some reality injected into the college areas. The only way things will improve is if pharmacists organize and take their profession back from the chains. I feel bad for students who don't get exposed to the truth in pharmacy. I've seen many young PharmD's litteraly have the color drain from their face when they hit their first 300+ case with the typical environment found in most retail jobs. They need to know early on so they are preparedd for this. There should be no suprises its not fair to them. OK you can ban me. See ya

Members don't see this ad.

Bananaface- What is the point of having a public forum if we are only allowed to express certain point of views? You seriously need to get off your high horse.

Here is the deal:

A pair of trolls from another forum publicly planned to invade SDN. Then, they bragged about it publicly on the other forum. Their sole purpouse was to "**** with those students" and discourage them from pursuing pharmacy as a profession. It's my job to have a problem with that, and to take action against the accounts they created here, based soley on what has transpired on the SDN side of things.

If my actions bother you, BMBiology, I'm sorry. I really wish you would PM me if there is a problem we need to work out, instead of dragging it out publicly. Usually, I do not make the details of diciplinary action public, as I hope to allow people to reform and rejoin the community as contributing members. But, I do answer questions privately, so long as they are things that do not violate the privacy of other users.

Slaver, you are no longer welcome on this site, as this thread is your third and final strike. If you had been willing to discuss your viewpoints here in a manner which did not violate the TOS, you would have been welcome to stay. However, apparently, you have chosen not to do so.

Thank you all for your patience and support throughout this last month. I know it's been crazy. Hopefully it is over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good job, Bananaface. I had gotten depressed reading through Pharmacyweek's discussion board and SlaverRPH's rants before I found this place.

Bananaface- I would agree with your action if SlaveRPh's opinion is just a small minority in the profession but unfortunately it is not! That is the reality.

BMBiology said:
Bananaface- I would agree with your action if SlaveRPh's opinion is just a small minority in the profession but unfortunately it is not! That is the reality.

BMBiology, the action is not about squashing a voice of discontent in the profession. It is about people(s) who routinely engage in slanderous behavior against an SDN forum regular, and then comes on this forum not to voice opinion, but to create conflict (trolling). If you've read recent comments by said poster in other forums, you would realize that although they have a "mission" to dissuade people from pursuing pharmacy, they do so in a most distasteful manner. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here...I don't know if you are familiar with the entire story.

BMBiology said:

And what exactly is slaver's opionion? PharmDs are pharmdummies? Pharmacists don't get restroom breaks? Every pharmacists should leave the profession? What exactly is the reality?

Discussing ideas soley for the purpose of deterring people from entering our profession is not the same as than educating them so that they can go in with their eyes open. The former is trolling while the latter is constructive discussion. Trolling annoys and drives away other users, violates the TOS, and doesn't belong here.

Do you think that this was not trolling? I would be happy to PM you a link to the other forum where the intention to troll was announced and bragging was done about it afterwards.

Pharmacy has always been a product driven profession. It's a handsomely paid profession..at the same time very clean amongst most healthcare.. where u don't have to come in contact with patients intimately...

Yes, we dispense.. and pharmacists are getting busier and busier.. what else is new? We know this.. and many students still find pharmacy appealing.

Some of us do more than dispesnse... it's a good thing. I like to preach about the positives. At the same time I will rant about different things..

I'm positive by nature... what can I say.

So I enjoy what I do.

It's one thing to rant.. but "trolling" is whole another issue.

Hmmm...I'm totally lost- what'd I miss? :confused:

Here is the deal:

A pair of trolls from another forum publicly planned to invade SDN. Then, they bragged about it publicly on the other forum. Their sole purpouse was to "**** with those students" and discourage them from pursuing pharmacy as a profession. It's my job to have a problem with that, and to take action against the accounts they created here, based soley on what has transpired on the SDN side of things.

If my actions bother you, BMBiology, I'm sorry. I really wish you would PM me if there is a problem we need to work out, instead of dragging it out publicly. Usually, I do not make the details of diciplinary action public, as I hope to allow people to reform and rejoin the community as contributing members. But, I do answer questions privately, so long as they are things that do not violate the privacy of other users.

Slaver, you are no longer welcome on this site, as this thread is your third and final strike. If you had been willing to discuss your viewpoints here in a manner which did not violate the TOS, you would have been welcome to stay. However, apparently, you have chosen not to do so.

Thank you all for your patience and support throughout this last month. I know it's been crazy. Hopefully it is over.

How did I miss this.. I resemble that remark!! One troll decided to invade the forum and the other troll decided to come and counter him!!!!

Almost like Autobots protecting the Earth from Decepticons! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha...nice Sunday morning to kick back and reminisce on your former glory? ;)

I'm sore.. so played 27 holes yesterday, came home and fell asleep at 7... and got up at 3 am. Dang..

So, I gather your avatar is almost like a cartoonistic twitter. You going out to eat on a hot date?

Sounds like old age is catching up to you! What's it going to be like when Vegas rolls around in December? No Complete RX party for you?

The purpose of ASHP midyear is for me to further enhance my professional growth. I will attend early seminar sponsored by drug comanies to absorb valuable information to use in my daily practice to better take care of my patients while eating wholesome food paid for by the backs of American Tax payors. I will also attend many valuable seminars given by highly intelligent and qualified clinical pharmacists from throughout the US and some from rest of the world. I will take notes, record the lectures, and raise my hand to ask pertinent questions. I will stop by every booth at the convention to find out what are the latest and the newest block buster drugs are to incorporate into the formularies of our hospitals. I will then collect everyone's business card to send them a thank you post card once I get back to my office.

What is this Complete RX Party you speak of? Is it a round table dicussion on how to improve pharmaceutical care?

Last edited:
formularies of our hospitals. I will then collect everyone's business card to send them a thank you post card once I get back to my office.

What is this Complete RX Party you speak of? Is it a round table dicussion on how to improve pharmaceutical care?

:laugh::smuggrin::laugh::smuggrin:

You mean you won't write thank you notes as soon as you get back to the hotel room?

I'm sore.. so played 27 holes yesterday, came home and fell asleep at 7... and got up at 3 am. Dang..

So, I gather your avatar is almost like a cartoonistic twitter. You going out to eat on a hot date?

Hah; it kinda is a twitter. But no hot date today...he won't be around for another few weeks still. :(

I have a room at Paris and the Mirage.

Need to decide which to keep.

Y'all book your rooms yet?

I'm definitely going to rent a car this time and get off the strip...try and do some shooting. Z...bring your camera!

My stay is booked.

If you're going shooting, just rent a car for the day not for the entire trip. Parking is PIA.

I'm bringing my PS!

hey z, why did you retire your zpak handle?

I have a slight case of attention deficit and I get bored easily. I got bored with that ID...and also, Zpak went generic. I didn't feel the need to keep thrashing that worthless bacteriostatic junk...but now that it's cheap, it's a cheap worthless bacteriostatic junk.

For the last couple days I have been reading old posts. To bad the archives only go back to 2004. I think all newbies should be required to read all the old stuff before posting new stuff.

That Z-Pack guy...what a loser! Poor Slaver. Unfairly treated.

Sheese, bananaface ruled with an iron fist. I guess we are better behaved now. I don't see her much anymore.

I have a slight case of attention deficit and I get bored easily. I got bored with that ID...and also, Zpak went generic. I didn't feel the need to keep thrashing that worthless bacteriostatic junk...but now that it's cheap, it's a cheap worthless bacteriostatic junk.

So you're a quinolone-only kinda guy?

For the last couple days I have been reading old posts. To bad the archives only go back to 2004. I think all newbies should be required to read all the old stuff before posting new stuff.

That Z-Pack guy...what a loser! Poor Slaver. Unfairly treated.

Sheese, bananaface ruled with an iron fist. I guess we are better behaved now. I don't see her much anymore.

Nice!!! Split Double Post!! You suck at the internet. And what did I tell you about butting in on cool people's thread!

You must treat a lot of polycythemic patients.

Nah dood.

I believe every antibiotic has its place. I also believe antibiotic should be used appropriately and most cost effectively without pharma influence.

I believe too many prescriptions for Zpak were written to satisfy parents who believed their kid had an infection. Too bad it was viral.