Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

hey doctim...

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by APDoc, Apr 26, 2004.

1. APDoc

15+ Year Member

I'm currently a second year interested in PM&R, and Emory is a program that is at the very top of my list. I've heard it is an excellent place for outpatient musculoskeletal, and residents get to perform lots of procedures as well. If you wouldn't mind my asking, what were some of your credentials to match at Emory (i.e. type of med school, class rank, Step I, research, audition rotations, etc)? If you don't want to post this information on a public forum, I understand completely-- perhaps I could email you to talk instead. I understand that PM&R became more competitive this past year, and I was just wondering where Emory stood with regards to what it's looking for in its applicants. Obviously, you have it : ). Thanks doctim!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doctim

doctim physiatrist-in-training
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i went to a foreign med school---st. marys SOM. i was 2nd in my class and did my clinicals through LSU's charity hospital system. i performed really well and received excellent letters of recommendation. i didn't partake in PM&R research. i did a one month elective in PM&R at ocshner hospital in new orleans. step 1 = 221. remember...physiatrists look at the whole picture and take everything into consideration.

good luck and i'll be happy to answer more questions once i get down there.