1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Hey Kutastha

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Fixed Gear, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Fixed Gear

Fixed Gear Highly Acetylated Locus
    7+ Year Member

First off, congrats on finally getting in to Med school. It has been a long road for yopu and I hope it is rich with rewards.
    Second, in reading the "PhD/MD" thread, it seemed like you discouraged others to do a PhD then apply to MD programs. On the surface, this is understandable, since it is a great deal of work to get a PhD. However, the question I have for you is, do you plan to be an MD/PhD or just use your MD? Specifically, I know that I want to be an MD/PhD, and I am doing research right now, so I have thought about continuing straight into a PhD then aplying for MD programs once my defense is in sight.
    However, in reading your posts it seems like you don't intend to use your PhD. If you only want to see patients and not do research, your stance on your situation is fully understandable. Let me any thoughts you might have.
    Thanks
    Candiria: A Work in Progress

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.