Hey! MI resident. 3.7 sGPA 3.72 cGPA. Mcat next summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgjkol1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just joined this site. I'm 23 living in Michigan. Wanting to take the mcat next summer.

sGPA 3.70
cGPA 3.72
Mcat next summer
I currently work as a lab tech (MT ACSP). I work at a small hospital and I do lab work plus I'll draw patients from time to time. I am focused on becoming a primary care physician and shadowed one for around 50 hours. I will take any med school that will accept me, DO or MD. What would be an ideal mcat score to make my application look better? I also plan on doing some volunteer work within the next couple months... I love the lab and I really think having that as a background can help tremendously. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For MD programs, aim for 32+, with a minim of 30.
For DO, high 20s is fine.

Hey guys. Just joined this site. I'm 23 living in Michigan. Wanting to take the mcat next summer.

sGPA 3.70
cGPA 3.72
Mcat next summer
I currently work as a lab tech (MT ACSP). I work at a small hospital and I do lab work plus I'll draw patients from time to time. I am focused on becoming a primary care physician and shadowed one for around 50 hours. I will take any med school that will accept me, DO or MD. What would be an ideal mcat score to make my application look better? I also plan on doing some volunteer work within the next couple months... I love the lab and I really think having that as a background can help tremendously. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!