Hey please help...ot schools without gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preOTkid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wonding if you guys can help me.....where can i find all the list of OT schools that DO NOT require the GREs....i am taking mine this fall but i know i will to bad in the verbal part ahhhh...so can you guys let me know which schools DO NOT have GREs/ OR WHERE i can see them....THANK U GUYS!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I just started looking at schools myself for OT programs but I do know that Kean University in NJ does NOT require the GRE's. Also, I do not believe CUNY York college requires it as they are a dual BS/MS program.

Hope this helps!

Stony Brook University on Long Island is also a combined BS/MS program and does not require the GRE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loma Linda, Dominican University of California, Samuel Merritt, NYU, and Columbia to name a few.

thanks guys!!!!but i just graduated with a B.S so the dual programs wont help me.......but i got waitlisted at midwesten universities and didnot get into nyu those r the only schools i applied to thats why i am looking into more schools for the coming year....

thanks wave06!!..im gonna fill the application for loma linda now

cum gpa 3.01
last 90 gpa 3.5

over 250hr of ot hours (which i dont think they even care about....they only look at GPA i think!!

Thanks!.. Im in your same exact position as im only interested in applying to schools without GRE. Im graduating this upcoming may with a B.S. Health science and my stats is similar to yours.. I plan to apply around Jan-Feb.. My OT hours is more though in the upper 200's-300's.. I hope this will greatly increase my chances.. But did you get accepted to Midwestern?

UNH... Tufts if you graduated from college over 5 years ago....

aside from NYU and Columbia, SUNY Downstate doesn't require the GRE

aside from NYU and Columbia, SUNY Downstate doesn't require the GRE
Concordia Wisconsin does not either but wouldn't be surprised if they begin to in the next few years.

University of New Hampshire doesn't require the test, either.

Why don't you buy a Princeton Review "Cracking the GRE" book - they're surprisingly effective - instead of having a defeatist attitude? You shouldn't pick your school based on whatever school doesn't require the GRE.

I just realized this is an old thread, and in fact, one I responded to last fall! I wonder why it was dredged up... odd.

You could tackle the GRE. There are a lot of weekend courses that can prep you to pass the GRE; however, if you wanted bypass that scam then there are plenty of other schools that do not require it.

I don't think the GRE is held on the same pedestal it once was. It would be nice if these so-called predictor of performance tests would go away. They won't though. The GRE is a business.

Therefore, if you don't want to do business with the GRE then continue your search for schools that don't demand that. It doesn't make you or the school less likely to succeed.