Hey So I am 13

Aziz S

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my name is Aziz, I am hoping to become something in the field of medicine. I am not a very hardworking kid and I always feel as if I never try hard enough. Recently , I have had so much passion in becoming a doctor. What is always taking me back is that I think I am not good enough with a gpa of 3.4. I know that getting into medicine is really competititive but I really want to become a doctor or a surgeon. I am really bad at mathematics, good at biology and chemistry.

Do I have a chance, and what should I do from now to become a doctor?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you in the US? If so, you'll have to get into college before even thinking about med school. At 13, even that might be premature. At the moment, I'd focus more on doing as well in school as you can and on figuring out what you love, what motivates you, and who you are.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I love that you are thinking about this now! It's great to have goals and dreams. Keep in mind that you will change a lot in the coming years, and it is okay to change your mind. Another thing - you may not be good at math yet. Sometimes you just need practice, or maybe you would do great with a different teacher or teaching method. I grew up thinking I was terrible in math and so I hated it. I'm still surprised when I understand what's going on in my math classes, and I actually enjoy doing it!

You also mentioned that you are not a hard working kid. Try not to label yourself like that. Enjoy your childhood. Have fun. Yes, do your homework and study for tests, but at this point, it's okay to just do what is asked of you. You have your whole life to work hard.

Reactions: 3 users
Have fun as a kid and be a doctor when the time comes. Your childhood has a negligible effect on medical school, aside from the psychosocial and socioeconomic aspects.

Just learn good study practices while in school and have fun along the way. Come back to SDN when you get into undergrad. If you hang around before high school you will just develop a horrible complex.