Hey Swampman!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Maple, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Maple

Did you get your letter from Albany yet? Sorry..to harass you..but I haven't heard from them yet and I am wondering what's going on.

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

No, maple. Still waiting...

Hopefully it will be in my mailbox when I get off work. I need to install a webcam in my mailbox so I can keep an eye out while at work. :D

I did get an interview invitation from USF, though! As long as good news keeps coming, I can wait for the bad news from Albany ;) :p .

4. Maple

Wow!!!! Congrats!! I know you were waiting for USF. Good for you! ;) Hopefully..you will have good news from Albany as well! :) Good Luck!

5. THE instiGATOR

Nothing from Albany in my mailbox today, maple.

6. Maple

Thanks dude! :D

7. THE instiGATOR

I bet Albany, like other schools, wasn't sent my complete address. That could explain why I have yet to receive their decision. Hmmm... I'd better send them an email. :rolleyes:

8. ssd

ssd Senior Member

either that, or they were full of **** when they told you that something was on its way...

9. THE instiGATOR

Yep, ssd. That's a possibility. Never underestimate the wickedness of med school admission offices.

10. THE instiGATOR

It's a good thing I emailed Albany. They didn't have my complete address.

Despite a pretty good attempt to get them to disclose the decision through email, they wont. I was told I would have it this week. Now, I'm more convinced than ever that it is a rejection. Why wouldn't they spill the beans if they have already been giving people heads-up notice about acceptances?!?

Good luck ssd & maple. Hopefully they won't string you along too much.

11. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'

I interviewed in early november and no news yet. I guess Jan 15th is the big day. Anyway my question is has anyone been rejected after their interview? I know it's something people don't want to talk about so let me rephrase it "Anyone know anyone who got a rejection after interviewing or anyone know if it is possible to get rejected after interviewing instead of waiting till Jan 15th?"

12. THE instiGATOR

altaskier,

What's the significance of Jan. 15?
    Good luck with Albany! I'm sure that you will be hearing good news from them. It seems you have been faring pretty well this year (having received an invitation to interview at Dartmouth and all...).

13. altaskier

Jan 15th is the day that Einstein said they'd send out decisions, right? Maybe I was mistaken. Anyway, no.... I'm strugglin like the rest. Tryin' to stratch and claw my way in. Hopefully your AE news was/is good.

Good luck!
    ;)

14. Maple

Hey altaskier,

this thread is about Albany..but I guess you've got Einstein on your mind huh? :D Hope you get good news from them soon! :)

15. Maple

Hey Swamp Man,

Gosh..you really ought to call AMCAS and give them a piece of your mind! :mad:

Hey...I was thinking that Albany emailed only their "top" candidates about acceptances..maybe the rest of us will hear via snail mail as they go through the rest of the applicants who were not rejected? btw..did any one actually get a rejection from them? post-interview?

anyway...good luck and keep us posted! :)

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. THE instiGATOR

:) Ya had me a little confused with that Einstein talk, altaskier. I'm still waiting to hear from them. Since they have yet to contact me, I guess they will be sending out a rejection tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions, though.

18. altaskier

Wooops.... Sorry guys. I'm a little tired! It is about Albany, not Einstein.... I'm gonna have to be a little bit more carefully reading the posts when I'm this tired/dazed. Well anyway, I haven't interviewed there yet so I couldn't help out in anyway except wishing everyone waiting to hear Good Luck.