hey UOP students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haisha ni narou

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a 4th year MWU student and my wife and I are going to be in San Franscisco in a couple weeks. What should we go see and do while we are there? Any good restaurants? We like good food. Any areas of town we should avoid? Hotel recommendations? Someone told us to find a place on Mission St. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

NoYou can always hit up pier 39 and enjoy many rounds of entertainment from the cities homeless artists(you are expected to pay them for their performance), go to the aquarium, and then have a large variety of food venues to choose from. Also if you have time i reccomend going to alcatraz and heading up north to bodega bay for a day trip.

What kind of stuff are you interested in? If you want to do the tourist thing, I'm sure any google search will list the 10 or so landmarks you're "supposed" to go see.

There is plenty of good food here, ranging from high end to hole in the wall. Depends what you want, without knowing your preference, there's just too many to try an narrow down. Since you're from SoCal, I would say the stuff you can avoid here is Vietnamese, Japanese, and Korean. There are much better places to be found in LA/OC.

If this is your first time to SF, I would say to stay somewhere closer to Downtown/Union Square. It's more closely located to activities and sites. Will you have a car? I would advise not driving if you want to get more out of the city. SF is quite small area wise with a lot of different neighborhoods. Taking public transportation and doing a lot of walking will get you a better sense of the city. Besides, parking sucks here.

SF is pretty dense, bad neighborhoods border on good neighborhoods. The only area I would say to really avoid would be Bayview/Hunter's Point. There's nothing to really see there anyway.

PS. Are you going to change your screen name next year to Haisha Ni Natta?

What kind of stuff are you interested in? If you want to do the tourist thing, I'm sure any google search will list the 10 or so landmarks you're "supposed" to go see.

There is plenty of good food here, ranging from high end to hole in the wall. Depends what you want, without knowing your preference, there's just too many to try an narrow down. Since you're from SoCal, I would say the stuff you can avoid here is Vietnamese, Japanese, and Korean. There are much better places to be found in LA/OC.

If this is your first time to SF, I would say to stay somewhere closer to Downtown/Union Square. It's more closely located to activities and sites. Will you have a car? I would advise not driving if you want to get more out of the city. SF is quite small area wise with a lot of different neighborhoods. Taking public transportation and doing a lot of walking will get you a better sense of the city. Besides, parking sucks here.

SF is pretty dense, bad neighborhoods border on good neighborhoods. The only area I would say to really avoid would be Bayview/Hunter's Point. There's nothing to really see there anyway.

PS. Are you going to change your screen name next year to Haisha Ni Natta?

Sounds good. Ya, I guess next summer it would be more appropriate to change my name to Haisha ni natta, I'll have to look into it. Bummer on the japanese food, I was hoping there would be some good stuff there. Our plans are pretty open, we're both pretty laid back people just hoping to get out of the AZ heat and see some cool stuff. We will be taking our 8 month old little monster with us so I'm sure that will limit what we will/can do. Good advice on the public transit/walking. I also heard that some of the hotels charge up to $50 bucks/night for parking. No thanks. I was thinking taking a look at the bridge, ride the trolly, eat some rice a-roni, and other than that not quite sure what to do there.