HHMI-NIH research scholars program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all...I wanted to know whether spending time at HHMI-NIH research scholars program by taking off one yr from medical school is significantly appealing for residency directors to see on your cv ..i am thinking abt applying for the program but i dont know whether it is actually looked down upon to take a yr off medical school to do some research; however, this is also a known program which is one year long and based on selectivity...

i have heard that residency programs like to see that a student does some research while in medical school to see that they are eligible to conduct some type of research and at the same time be focused with school; however, i would assume that since this is a known program and requires a yr off and is selective, that it would definately be appealing....i dont know though...please allow some feedback so i can make a solid decision...i do have a little interest in research but mainly to bump my CV..i am also in a 6 yr program so i am pretty young if that takes into any account (i would graduate from medical school when im 23/24 if i stay on a regular track without taking any time off)...please give me some feedback ...also if any of you have done this, let me know what programs had to say abt it..thanks a lot for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.