Hi all, new member here! (Independent Pharmacy Owner)

Jul 12, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new member and I just opened an independent pharmacy 3 weeks ago. I am looking to start compounding in my pharmacy and was researching to find some resources on compounding. I know the PCCA offers a lot of great resources but it is a bit too pricey for the membership at the moment. Does anyone know of any books or online resources that are free which have compounding information? Also, if any fellow independent pharmacy owners have any helpful hints or recipes that they don't mind sharing please post here, thank you guys!

Ackj

10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Just out of interest, let's hear more about your story. What's your location, how did you go about opening up, what did you do before that?

type b pharmD

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Welcome! You may want to check out the ncpa subforum , as they have a lot of posts about independent pharmacy ownership as well as threads by Doctor M , one of our most vocal advocates for independent pharmacy ownership ! Good luck with your new business ! Owning a small independent pharmacy business is one of my future goals as well. Please continue to share your story as it unfolds , these types of threads are very inspiring to us all :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads