Hi guys, do I stand a chance for DO if I do a post-bacc?

Started by drhong
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drhong

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK I am very worried. My undergrad GPA is a 2.99ish. I feel angry at myself that I wanted to be Dr. the last minute. Even if I do a career change post-bacc with 43-46 credits and get around 3.7 to 4.0 GPA, it will only bring up my GPA to 3.1 to 3.2 ish, which is still pretty bad.
My question is:

Do D.O. schools forgive my undergrad grade if I excel my post bacc with hard science prerequisites?

Do D.O. schools tend to look at uGPA and post bacc GPA separately my overall GPA would be forgiven?

or

should I give up and do nursing? The post-bacc isn't cheap and if I do it and didn't get in, it's a waste of my time and money.

Be brutally honest, thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK I am very worried. My undergrad GPA is a 2.99ish. I feel angry at myself that I wanted to be Dr. the last minute. Even if I do a career change post-bacc with 43-46 credits and get around 3.7 to 4.0 GPA, it will only bring up my GPA to 3.1 to 3.2 ish, which is still pretty bad.
My question is:

Do D.O. schools forgive my undergrad grade if I excel my post bacc with hard science prerequisites?

Do D.O. schools tend to look at uGPA and post bacc GPA separately my overall GPA would be forgiven?

or

should I give up and do nursing? The post-bacc isn't cheap and if I do it and didn't get in, it's a waste of my time and money.

Be brutally honest, thanks.
Both DO and a number of MD schools reward reinvention.

Read this: