Hi. My first post.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vr6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I signed up for the forums recently and have been lurking for a while now.

To start off. I am currently a senior in college. I was suppose to get my BS in information systems at UMBC this may, but after working at a engineering firm doing entry level software development for the past year, i have decided that i do not want to work in I.T.

i feel like i am starting out a little late, but i figure its either i start now, or be stuck in a career path that i do not like for the next 30+ years.

so i'll be 22 in a month. I have to start my pre-pharm classes next semester and will have to stay at my school for two more years to complete them all. By them time i graduate from my school, i'll be in about 30k in debt, BS in IS, then i have to add on the loans for pharmacy school.

So basically, i am starting pre-pharm next semester. I am a little stressed out as my parents are super excited that i am leaving the IT field and heading into pharm. and they have high expectations. I am also a little worried about the debt thats gonna start building up from loans from pharm school.

for those of you who are finishing pre-pharm, any pointers and suggestions for the new comers? i read the stickied faq up top already.

and nice to meet u all.

Members don't see this ad.

Vr6 said:
Hi all. I signed up for the forums recently and have been lurking for a while now.

To start off. I am currently a senior in college. I was suppose to get my BS in information systems at UMBC this may, but after working at a engineering firm doing entry level software development for the past year, i have decided that i do not want to work in I.T.

Wow! The University of Montana Butte Campus?? I don't think I have ever met anyone that went there!

Welcom to SDN! Pharmacy is a great field. Just make sure that you work hard and stay involved and get good grades. The sky is the limit.

-C-ject

Vr6 said:

and nice to meet u all.

Hi, I graduated w/ an IS degree and I return to school for my pre-reqs. for pharmacy. I got to admit that it is very disheartening to look so far down the road and seeing yourself in debt. But if you have the determination to study for 2 years (undergrad) and 4 years (professional), then I say go for it. Pharmacy is not only a people's profession but the fanancial rewards are great. So keep it up. I got one word for you. Perserverance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Caverject said:
Wow! The University of Montana Butte Campus?? I don't think I have ever met anyone that went there!

Welcom to SDN! Pharmacy is a great field. Just make sure that you work hard and stay involved and get good grades. The sky is the limit.

-C-ject

University Of MD Baltimore County.

Vr6 said:
University Of MD Baltimore County.
;)

All in good fun!

I forgot to mention the debt part...don't worry about it. You will make all the money you need to pay it off. Hopefully, you can get into the University of Maryland where your instate tuition will be somewhat cheap. Good luck!