hi,there ......how to study for KAPS ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saynow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,there ......how to study for KAPS ?
i have the two books
1 book 1200 page which is comprehensive pharmacy review 8th edition my first impressions is very hard
2nd book is littler 600 page i used to study in it and i think it is easy
could anyone build me scheme or plan on how to study in this two books ?and finish them
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you mean the Commonwealth exam, you shouldn't be using the USP-based Comprehensive Pharmacy Review or any US-based review book as the topical coverage is fairly different. You should use one based on BP or the British GPhC's even though it's not quite the same as the Commonwealth requirements.

Don't know which school you're at over there, but didn't they talk about the differences in lecture?

Also, the US does not assess basic science in the same degree as GPhC or Canadian standards. You are expected to understand pharmaceutical chemistry (analytic, pharmaceutics, organic, pharmacognosy) at a higher level than the US equivalents due to the different emphasis in the curriculum.

Reactions: 1 user
For we US graduates, this is a practice exam. Joke questions for the clinical, but fairly serious (and completely useless in 99.99% of any practice) questions in pharmaceutical chemistry. I've seen the real thing for the Canadians, and it's pretty close to this. And yes, supposedly we actually had this in our undergraduate pharmacy, although I don't think medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutics are taught to this standard in the US anymore (Rutgers, Temple, Ole Miss and other industry heavy school being the exception). The older NABPLEX had those questions.

Incidentally, if you don't know the structure Question 1 is referring to, it's amphetamine versus methamphetamine. Yeah, everyone but the US cares that we can read structures (and I'm happy to practice in a country where organic chemistry is a distant nightmare told to scare young medical wannabes and never a necessary part of practice).

https://www.pharmacycouncil.org.au/media/1084/kaps-practice-paper1.pdf