Hi

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by bipennate, Jan 3, 2009.

1. bipennate

bipennate I can haz Doctorate?
    2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I looked but didn't see a "New Member Intro" thread (forgive me if I missed it!), so I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself :)

I'm a 3rd year DPT student at CUNY in my 3rd rotation, graduating (I hope!) in 3 months. I wish that I had found this forum sooner!

I look forward to having some nice discussions and learning from all of you :)

2. Akiramay

7+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Welcome! Congrats on being so close to graduation! It must feel good. ^_^

3. bipennate

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Grad school Senioritis is on a whole nother level :D

4. uneditedtales

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    Hi there,

Welcome to the PT forums. I am also a 3rd yr PT student graduating in May! Quite a feeling, isn't it? Do you know what kind of work you wanna do? outpatient/inpatient/SNF?

http://editedtales.blogspot.com/

5. bipennate

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It feels so good!!! :laugh:

Outpatient Sports/Ortho: I've been working with club sports athletes as a strength coach at Rutgers for a number of years, so it's a natural transition for me. I can't wait! My full bio is on my website: you can look in my profile for the link :)

#5 bipennate, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  6. _FNG_

_FNG_ PT, DPT, OCS
    7+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    I read a bit of your blog and love how you described deadlifting. For me, though, squats give me a similar feeling. Congrats on being so close to graduation! Have you had many offers come your way yet?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bipennate

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, that was awesome..mostly because it wasn't mine ;) It was a quote that I came across online and I was being lazy and needed to post something up or I crap from my friend for being lazy.

I've gotten a lot of random "come work for us" offers, but I haven't gone on any interviews yet. I've got a standing offer at the clinic that I used to work for as a PT Aide, and definitely plan on working with them one day, but right now I'm looking into a few very specific things (I'm superstitious and fear the jinx, so I'll leave it at that for now! :xf:) so I haven't decided on anything just yet.

I :love: squats too, of course