Hi :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bengal

:)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just posting to introduce myself...I'm Abby:), I'm 16, from England and eventually wish to be a Veterinarian:love:. Unfortunately, I had to leave college due to a severe reaction to an injection I was given which caused me to miss about a month of college and I was told I had missed too much to go back:mad:

So for now I'm starting a 5 month long apprenticeship as there aren't any jobs available or college courses starting at this time. Hopefully going back to college in September, doing an Access to Higher Education course which will enable me to get onto the Gateway Programme at RVC, although I'm unsure if they accept that qualification so I may end up starting my A Levels again, all because a doctor couldn't be bothered to look at my medical history before giving me a simple injection:mad:

Does anyone know if the RVC accepts Access to Higher Education courses to their Gateway Programme? Will I be judged because I missed out a year?:confused:

Thanks in advance, and again, hi! :D:p

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I don't have any insight to offer on the Gateway program. That isn't a school that I am well versed in, but you may find someone on here who knows a thing or two about it. Either way, welcome to SDN!

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew the system there was different, but huh?

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I think 'college' in the UK is equivalent to the last 2 years of HS as a separate beast, which is before 'university' which woul dbe like our 'college'?

Yeah. What you guys call college is actually university pretty much everywhere else :p
College = end of high school