Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got pimped about 5 times today during chicken necropsy. It definitely happens in vet school. And there's nothing wrong with it. If they do it nicely and in a way that is conducive to learning, I usually get something out of it. Unfortunately, some people are afraid to be wrong, and see this probing of questions to be somewhat of an attempt to make you look like a fool. I don't think that's what instructors are trying to do. Most just want to see what you know...and then tell you what you don't know, but SHOULD know.Yeah, I don't have a problem with it and actually almost prefer it to being asked one or two questions and then being left alone. I want my knowledge to be probed and I want preceptors to ask me to know more and more and test the limits of my comfort zone. I can see how some more sensitive classmates would feel bullied, however.

