high health care costs?: Woman Overstays Hospital Stay by a Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's unbelievable, they need to force that damn lady and her daughter to pay the hospital bills and move out, or kick her out. First off, she can't live with her daughter? If her daughter doesn't work then she needs to start. Second, she can't find another nursing home? my A$$. " Watson said hospital officials have tried to find a suitable home for Nome, but Nome and her daughter insist on staying in Marin County, where Nome has spent her entire life." That's the damn problem right there. Why shoud they be forced to provide her with housing because she's too damn stubborn to move to another county. What a load.

funny you posted this, i was just reading it on msnbc. i can't imagine that they can't just kick her out. that is nuts!

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh ...yep i agree.
this is one of the many reasons why U.S. healthcare cost is so high

stop feeding her, put her in a loud area of the hospital, take her out of an actual hospital room and put her in a bed in a closet. Stop changing the sheets. They are on the right track by taking away TV and newspaper privleges.

How about not giving her daughter visiting rights? She's not a 'patient' - so there is no patient for her to visit. How did she do a phone interview? She still has phone privleges?

I'm sure there is a way to make her life 'uncomfortable' without endangering her health. What a crappy situation. I'm sure the hospital is worried she will turn her vindicitive litigious ways from the nursing home and to them if they just boot her.

i hope she dies, and then i hope her daughter has to file for bankruptcy after she's forced to pay the medical bills.

"astounding lack of compassion from future doctors" - LOL (it just cracks me up when people respond with some variation of that quote).

I agree with you guys completely.

My mind is completely boggled by this story. What went on that she was allowed to stay so long? Was there someone on the hospital's board that felt bad for her and just let her slide by?

Amazing.