gaslord said:
Anesthesiology is great, but I heard that over 80% of students change their mind about what they want to go into during medical school.
Don't know about that quoted percentage (after all 73% of all statistics are made up on the spot
😉 ), but I agree with the sentiment. What you want now and what you want when you get to medical school may change drastically.
But...
If you get into medical school, do well, and stay focused on the prize, you should be able to get an anesthesiology residency. As others have said, get into medical school first and foremost - this is the
only thing you should be focusing on right now. Then, see what happens after you start. Do a lot of anesthesiology rotations and see if you really like it. If so, then more power to you. Gas is a great field... I'm starting my career (well, with an internship year first, of course) very soon myself. So, I have to say to you, even as a pre-med, great choice!
🙂
-Skip
EDIT: Whoops! I just noticed you were banned after making
this post.
😱 Dude, I hope you were joking. If not and you are truly as disturbed as you painted yourself to be in that post, I don't think Gas (or medicine, for that matter) is the right field for you. You appear to still have a lot of growing up to do, and perhaps even some serious therapy...