"High Priority" waitlist at SUNY Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc AdamK in 2006

Now 2 year UB Med Doc
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wondered if any has been on the "high priority" list at SUNY SB. Did you guys get in. If you got in, when did you receive your acceptance letter. How big is this list and the wait list at other schools, 15, 40, 100?

Have a great day
AK

Members don't see this ad.

I am on the high priority list at SB among other waitlists. Some years all the high priorities got accepted and other years barely any.
This year I've been told that waitlists will see alot of movement.
Sit tight.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by johne:
•This year I've been told that waitlists will see alot of movement.
Sit tight.•••••Where'd you hear about this year's waitlists? Why do you think that would be? And since you said "waitlist<strong>s•" are you referring to other places besides SB?

Sorry for the attack post, but just really curious about what you said. Thx.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the so-called "High Priority" waitlist as well. I went in person to the admissions office to turn in the pink wait-list acceptance form, and got a chance to ask a few questions.
When I asked how many categories there were, the secretary said there was only one, so obviously this "High Priority" thing is baloney, its just a wait-list with a fancy name.
She said that it is ranked, that she could not tell me my rank, but that "it is a good place to be" and they accept many people from the list each year. Basically the same run-around that every other school gives about their wait-list. SIGH

CJT

Forgot to add in my previous post that she said that there would be no movement in the waitlist until MAY, when they finish interviewing.

CJT

Regarding the waitlist movement this year, check out my thread entitled "Waitlist Movement." This is the opinion of Adcoms and SDNers. It is due to schools being very selective this year because of AMCAS troubles. More multiple acceptances and more waitlists then previous years. Therefore, more spots for waitlisters down the line.

John

Thanks for the info guys

When did you guys get your waitlist letter and when did you interview.

I hope there is a lot of movement.

Right now I'm waitlisted at UB, SB, Brooklyn, and accepted at couple others. But I want to come back to New York (Buffalo hometown, but anywhere in NY is good)

Good Luck everyone

AK

Hey Adam,

I'm waitlisted at all those as well plus three more.
At least you're accepted.

John

Since I was accepted to a school in Florida and I want to go down to Florida at least one month prior to orientation, when should I wait for an acceptance (early to mid July). I really want to go to a New York School

I know Stony Brook said that people will be notified after May 1st. I want to give them enough time, but I also don't want to leave for Florida with like a couple of days before orientation.

Have a great night
AK