High school and Ba/Md

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prodigy09

M.D. eventually
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm in my junior year of high school, and I would like to know what type of grades, SAT scores, extracurricular activities, and other type of work is done through out high school, to help improve getting into a 7 year BA./Md. program. (would love to hear from others in in this type of program or school, but any answers would be helpful :) I also have a 4.0 GPA, participate in numerous school clubs, and am planning to shadow doctors around this summer to show my interest in Md school. Also, are the interviews tough, if you get that far?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm in my junior year of high school, and I would like to know what type of grades, SAT scores, extracurricular activities, and other type of work is done through out high school, to help improve getting into a 7 year BA./Md. program. (would love to hear from others in in this type of program or school, but any answers would be helpful :) I also have a 4.0 GPA, participate in numerous school clubs, and am planning to shadow doctors around this summer to show my interest in Md school. Also, are the interviews tough, if you get that far?

With all due respect, you might get a better reception on this forum, if you did not refer to yourself as a prodigy, as a high school junior. That gets you off on the wrong foot. I am in medical school, and I am almost 26 years old, and when a high school student refers to him or herself, as a prodigy ( I am guessing you are a "him" since girls usually have more modesty) it is pretty annoying. So, yeah, you are going to overwhelm the folks here with your high school 4.0 gpa, I am overwhelmed, I can hardly type, my fingers are trembling. Seriously, a 4.0 in high school? Really???

With all due respect, you might get a better reception on this forum, if you did not refer to yourself as a prodigy, as a high school junior. That gets you off on the wrong foot. I am in medical school, and I am almost 26 years old, and when a high school student refers to him or herself, as a prodigy ( I am guessing you are a "him" since girls usually have more modesty) it is pretty annoying. So, yeah, you are going to overwhelm the folks here with your high school 4.0 gpa, I am overwhelmed, I can hardly type, my fingers are trembling. Seriously, a 4.0 in high school? Really???

Lol searun, don't beat up on the little kids, they don't know modesty yet. Wait till they get pooped or puked on by a patient in the real world. Thats usually the most humbling thing.

Mr. Prod, def get some shadowing in... and volunteering... yea you will need volunteering to show that you're not in it just for yourself. I know doing 2 years of research also helped me a lot in getting an acceptance too. SATs... I got a 2300, so get something around that. High school GPAs are overrated.... like all GPAs are. In the end, be human, don't be a robot. Thats the most important.

But if you're going to be a robot, be a farking awesome robot like my avatar!

:laugh:

But really OP, just do some research on it. SLU has a BS/MD Program, as does Knox College in Illinois... I have no idea where you are (I forgot to look), but take a look at those two:

http://www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/phs/medScholars.html

http://www.knox.edu/premedearlyadmission.xmlhttp://www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/phs/medScholars.html