high school grades on AMCAS?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ushaikh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am SO confused right now as to what the policy is with AMCAS and high school grades. Let me give you a scenario.

I take two AP Classes in high school.
Calculus
Psychology

I decide to use AP credit to satisfy the pre-med requisites for these courses. Now, let's put a twist on things. Let's say I get a 5 on both AP exams, but get a C in both of the classes. I'm using my high AP score to satisfy the requisites for admissions, but does AMCAS require me to enter that I got a C in both of these classes as well? Please help, i'm so concerned!

Members don't see this ad.

did you watch the video on how to enter AP credit? obviously not. I believe it says not to enter a grade at all

If it affects your GPA, or was used to meet major prerequisites, it goes on your AMCAS. In your example, you would need to enter both C's because they would show on your transcript.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
If it affects your GPA, or was used to meet major prerequisites, it goes on your AMCAS. In your example, you would need to enter both C's because they would show on your transcript.

what? no it wouldn't, not a high school class; it says to leave the grade space blank which is what I did and was verified with no corrections

also, you can ask on this thread

*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2017-2018*~*~*~*

EDIT: does your official COLLEGE transcript say a letter grade on it? (NOT the AP score)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
what? no it wouldn't, not a high school class; it says to leave the grade space blank which is what I did and was verified with no corrections
Oh shoot. I thought the OP took the AP exams and got 5's, but still went on to take the college classes and got C's. My b- you're totally right. You wouldn't need to enter those high school classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh shoot. I thought the OP took the AP exams and got 5's, but still went on to take the college classes and got C's. My b- you're totally right. You wouldn't need to enter those high school classes.

ohhh, oh perhaps OP should clarify because it is somewhat ambiguous

@ushaikh did you get C's in the AP class itself in high school, or did you get 5's on the exams but then IN COLLEGE retake the class and get C's? If it is the latter, I think you would first enter your AP classes with no grade (if they show up on your transcipt), and then enter the college level class with the C's as a separate entry(I did this for chemistry and was verified)

ohhh, oh perhaps OP should clarify because it is somewhat ambiguous

@ushaikh did you get C's in the AP class itself in high school, or did you get 5's on the exams but then IN COLLEGE retake the class and get C's? If it is the latter, I think you would first enter your AP classes with no grade (if they show up on your transcipt), and then enter the college level class with the C's as a separate entry(I did this for chemistry and was verified)

Thank you! I meant I took the classes in high school and got Cs on them, while also getting 5s on AP exams, I did not take these classes in college.

Thank you! I meant I took the classes in high school and got Cs on them, while also getting 5s on AP exams, I did not take these classes in college.

You don't include your high school grades. If you have AP credit on your transcript, you report that and you don't put any grade for the AP course.

Lol I got a C in two of my AP classes of which I proceeded to get a 3 and 5 on the exams...You're a different student than you were in high school. You do not have to include the grades!