High School Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coasterblu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of grades are acceptable in high school? I am interested in anesthesiology.

Members don't see this ad.

Sweet, right down my alley.

Uhh, all of them. I didn't even finish. Do what you want in high school, but don't shoot yourself in the foot with failed AP/Concurrent.

They won't look at your high school grades. Just do well enough to get into a good college and to get the foundation knowledge you'll need to do well in that college.

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of grades are acceptable in high school? I am interested in anesthesiology.

I'm an anesthesia resident right now. I can tell you that you should do the best you can in high school and try to get into a good college. Once in college, play it smart. Don't try to be an overachiever and take 3 sciences and honors calculus your freshman year. Take it easy, mix up your classes to have hard and easy classes together. Keep up a 4.o and do well on the MCAT and you'll have a good chance at medical school.

BEWARE: if you take classes at a college while you are in high school, you will have to report those grades on your med school application! I wish I would have known that when I was in high school.

Reactions: 1 user
They don't matter. I don't think any medical school even asks for your high school transcripts