USMLE High score study plan advice needed!! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Step9321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm going to start the preparation for step1 in a month.
My intention is to take the exam on December 2016. I am quite strong in most of the subjects. The areas I feel weaker are: behavioral sciences, microbiology and anatomy.
So, at this moment I have just the the Kaplan LN 2014 (the ones with the red colored cover). I'm considering to buy Uworld Qbank, Pathoma, KN videos and the Uworld's biostatistics review.
Having plenty of time, my idea was to cover the weakest areas first from KN notes & videos + Uworld's review and Qbank, and then to cover the other subjects from the same sources. At the same time I think I could write down highest yield concepts on FA 2016 as I go through the study, so that I can use it for a faster review later, I mean weeks prior to the exam.
What do you think about this program? Is It enough to reach 260?
I was also wondering how and when to schedule the NBME simulation tests. I mean, in your view how much before the exam date should I do one of them to check my readiness?
Many thanks for answering or just reading :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd recommend reading through the 2015 Step 1 scores+experiences thread and gleaning whatever useful insights you can from people who scored 250+ if that is what you're aiming for. You may not get the type of detailed response you may be looking for in this thread, but there are tons of a lot of great points in that thread.

I am taking STep1 for the last time. Is it useful to go back and read threads from the last few years to gain insights into how to get a high score?
I'd recommend reading through the 2015 Step 1 scores+experiences thread and gleaning whatever useful insights you can from people who scored 250+ if that is what you're aiming for. You may not get the type of detailed response you may be looking for in this thread, but there are tons of a lot of great points in that thread.