Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

High Yield Immunology

Discussion in 'Step I' started by cmycburkitt, Jul 25, 2006.

1. cmycburkitt

cmycburkitt Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I know a lot of people say that the Lange Microbiology and Immunology has a great Immunology section. What about High Yield Immunology? Has anyone used this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rogue_Leader

Rogue_Leader Silent Sentinel
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I read it, or at least tried reading it. It's incredibly detailed, so much so that I barely got 1/3 of the way through it before just admitting that I wasn't retaining all of the nitty-gritty it had. If you have a photographic memory, it's great. I think it's best point is studying the immune deficiency diseases because those come up a lot on Step I, so you can't get enough of DeGeorge's syndrome or Burton's agammaglobinemia and whatnot, but I don't think it's worth going too hardcore on things like immunoglobin recombination, which is what HY Immuno does.

4. lakersfan

lakersfan Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I used it along w/ my immuno course during MSI. I thought it was a pretty good supplement. I don't know how much detail you are looking to learn it in for the boards but I thought it was pretty easy to read through compared to my schools text (the Abbas/Lichtman book... the blue one...its a very good book but probably too detailed for board studying).

5. YouDontKnowJack

YouDontKnowJack I no something you don't
    5+ Year Member

lange has a good chunk of questions. does hy?