High Yield Resident-Oriented Websites

Started by Krafty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Krafty

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We obviously know about scutwork.com, or the current (sdn) websites. I recently found out the EM guys have their own residency association site (www.emra.org) which has some good info on it. I wanted to start a thread about useful residency info sites. Here's some I thought would be interesting:

General Resident Concern stuff
http://www.emra.org/residents.cfm

Resident's guide to money
http://www.emra.org/index.cfm?page=670

I am also interested in finding out more about the CIR (Committee on Interns and Residents) - the residents union. I wanted to know whether it's advantageous to unionize and what people think about that.

My school is CIR'd and they seem to have some leverage/negotiating power. A program I rotated through was trying to bring it to their hospital - again something I would like to find out more about.

Cheers