High yield topics for Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tufts2004

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After doing some practice questions, I have been noticing that there are certain high yield topics that keep reappearing. For example, incontinence, anything OB-gyn....but maybe it's because I really need to review these areas. That may be so, but the Boards seem to really favor some topics over others. Would anyone be interested in posting some high-yield topics they have felt that the Boards emphasized, as you were studying for Boards....

Some things that seem to be important to me:

Trauma
Pediatric orthopedics
Substance abuse
Breast cancer (mass < 40, bloody nipple discharge, etc...)
Preventive health
Congenital HD
CV physical findings
Pneumothorax

Anyhow, would be interested to know what you can add.....

Members don't see this ad.

From people I have spoken with....there seems to be a disproportionate amount of Ob/Gyn and Peds...those are the "two" topics that I hear over and over are a HUGE concentration on Step II.

USMLE or COMLEX step II. For COMLEX step II check out the thread I started in January. All the high yeild topics are laid out there.

For the USMLE II, which I haven't taken yet, the subject matter seems to be much more straight forward. With what little motivation I have left to muster I'm using Crush step II, Advanced life support for the USMLE II (covers the ultra high yeild stuff), and a bunch o' question books.