Higher and Higher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor712

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recent news has Paramount Pictures making a sequel to TOP GUN, with Tom Cruise circling the role... (I informed JPP of this and he is downright GIDDY!!!) BUT, I am going to see the REAL guys this weekend! Cannot wait. I have seen them, and their Naval counterparts, and it is a sight to behold.

I think there was a doc who said they were trying to get a flight on a fighter jet, did that ever happen?! (Not sure if it was PGG or Trinity or someone else). Anyway, if you've never been, check out the TBirds and BAngels websites and make a trip of it!)

ScreenShot2012-04-25at63814PM.png

D712

Members don't see this ad.

Anytime I hear the term "jarhead" I cannot help but think of this movie with Van Peebles and Eastwood, when Mario went all gung ho and disrespecting on Clint... with SWEDE.

vlcsnap-2009-10-13-18h47m08s193.png

(copied that from web, seems to be someone else's photo bucket...)

D712

Members don't see this ad :)
BUT, I am going to see the REAL guys this weekend! Cannot wait. I have seen them, and their Naval counterparts, and it is a sight to behold.

"Top Gun" was a US Navy themed film. The "counterparts" would be the Air Force (like the Thunderbirds picture you posted). The way you've written sounds like you are going to see the Blue Angels this weekend.

Here in HI, the ground show for the Air Force at Hickam AFB was MUCH better than what the Navy/MC had at Kaneohe Bay, but the actual, nuts and bolts air show by the Blue Angels was superior to the Thunderbirds.

"Top Gun" was a US Navy themed film. The "counterparts" would be the Air Force (like the Thunderbirds picture you posted). The way you've written sounds like you are going to see the Blue Angels this weekend.

Here in HI, the ground show for the Air Force at Hickam AFB was MUCH better than what the Navy/MC had at Kaneohe Bay, but the actual, nuts and bolts air show by the Blue Angels was superior to the Thunderbirds.

Yeah, I think the large hi-res image of the AF THUNDERBIRDS posted following my sentence was self evident to describe that I'm going to see the.... AF THUNDERBIRDS.

I do agree having seen both AF and Naval shows that the blue angels are a little more fun to watch. But that's hardly a shot at the AF.

Was Top Gun a naval themed movie??!? I had no idea. Thanks for pointing that out....and actually, no, the theme of Top Gun is not the US Navy. You're confusing setting and plot with theme.

D712

Last edited:
I'm just throwing this out there. I don't care who you are going to see or what the theme of Top Gun was. I'm sick of your d-bag comments d712. You have a problem, you can't take criticism from anyone. But you better learn to because as a resident you won't be right and you will get criticized for doing something wrong. Accept it and say, thank you may i have another. Now q up the no I'm right and you are wrong reply involving something about being a screenwriter/screenwriting.

I'm just throwing this out there. I don't care who you are going to see or what the theme of Top Gun was. I'm sick of your d-bag comments d712. You have a problem, you can't take criticism from anyone. But you better learn to because as a resident you won't be right and you will get criticized for doing something wrong. Accept it and say, thank you may i have another. Now q up the no I'm right and you are wrong reply involving something about being a screenwriter/screenwriting.

Neither you nor Apollyon nor others are going to get a rise out of me on SDN anymore. I'm all Zen about it now.

ScreenShot2012-04-26at104147AM.png

Be well,
D712

Last edited:
I had to post my favorite Arnold clip of all time after seeing this picture

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN253RLDdM8[/YOUTUBE]

Never saw that video. HIGH-larious. :D

And this is the person I elected to my former Governorship...?!

D712

Bummer, Air Show cancelled today despite non-refundable tix stating rain or shine... Hmf

I don't get to watch GOOSE today after all! :(

D712

"Top Gun" is an excellent movie.Paramount pictures have gone a step further by making a sequel to it.I will definitely like to see this sequel.

One of my partners was talking about Val Kilmer the other day and we started giving him a hard time about the volley ball scene in Top Gun being his favorite part. I cued it up on my iphone netflix app, and every time I saw him that day in the OR I would start playing it for him. He didn't seem to appreciate it, everyone else thought it was funny.