Highest score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lioness12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that after the October 2011 change, phasing out the two digit score, people seem to be confused with the new scores.

I admit, I am one of those confused people. :p

Post Oct 2011, what has been the highest score you've heard someone achieve?
(Let it be someone you know personally and not stuff from forums etc.)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The two digit score is not phased out. The scale is changed so that a '99' is no longer in the high 220's to low 230's. Presumably, a 99 now would be a 290-300.

The 3 digit score is the same, but people scoring 260's-270's are getting mid-90 two digit scores.

But doesn't the two digit score now serve no real purpose? It doesn't get reported, so I don't see the whole point of it any longer. Yes, I know that it's important when determining a passing score, but a three digit score alone would allow us to figure out which side of the line we are: passing or failing.

If it's no longer being reported and technically used then why do we still have it?

Also the highest scores I've personally heard of are in the 260 range, nothing more than that.
Has anyone heard of someone getting in that range of >270?

Last edited:
Seriously, who cares about the 2 digit score? Really? It has to be a weird IMG thing.

And the highest score I have ever personally heard of from someone I knew was a 268.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's another thread about the "highest score" anybody has seen. Personally, I know somebody who got a 268.

As far as what the recent change means... it means nothing. The 2-digit score was already meaningless, and now that they've changed it, it's still meaningless. It's only really used by some state licensing agencies that require a 75 as a passing score and don't care enough to change it to a 188.

I don't really see what their is to be confused about.

Shan's right. There's already another thread for this topic. Not your fault, just when you make a title for a new thread, check to see if another recent one already exists.

On the other hand, it's likely that the 3-digit score is the relative score and the 2-digit score is the absolute one (now that they've changed its meaning). In other words, I'd guess that the 2-digit score is now the %correct (absolute figure), whereas the 3-digit score is, and always has been, based on a curve. The only reason I'd make that particular guess as to the new meaning of the 2-digit score is because, based on the few people who have reported it, it seems to be reflective of the % of Qs correct for blocks in QBank.

Once again, those are my mere assumptions. The scores could mean anything.