highest scores!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there

just curious to know whats the highest scores you all have heard of.......average and indi subs........do reply.....

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
now this is so, so, so funny!!!! i guess you haven't been catching up with the other threads about "asking" scores!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Frankly, I think this is good question. I doesn't put anyone in a spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
This sure was funny... :)

I personally know 2 people who got 99 in Part I and one of those 2 people also got a 97 in Part II.....now that is something isn't it?????

Originally posted by Henna
How's it going, kpat ?

Good Henna, thanks.
In case if it hasn't been mentioned by anyone else recently, you are doing a greta job here.....esp. being in school already.....
Among few others here, I know how hard it is to do what you are doing!!!
Am sure everyone appreciates it......

Hey Kajal

whats so funny in my ques.....and please do not comment about me following or not following the threads....yes I have been reading all the posts everyday may be not commenting on all of them or even any of them.

I don't think u have got what I am asking.I am not asking any one of you for your scores.I am just curious to know what is the highest score you have heard of?thats all.

no names no gpa no toefl no schools admitting and all that stuff.

Please give a thought before making such a careless remark next time, lest u offend some one again like u offended me.

99 is awesome.....and to follow that with 97 is fantastic......too bad we don't have a dental equivalent of an IIT or IIM!!!!!

guess its all to do with the non-recognition of our BDS here in the US!

gpg,
Kajalkiran was only making light of the current situation, I doubt if she/he meant anything more than that.
Henna

Originally posted by kpat
Good Henna, thanks.
In case if it hasn't been mentioned by anyone else recently, you are doing a greta job here.....esp. being in school already.....
Among few others here, I know how hard it is to do what you are doing!!!
Am sure everyone appreciates it......

:) Thanks.

gpg...
oh man you look like too sensitive a dude..to get offended with that one!! i for sure knew you were just trying to know a highest score which anyone's got,...and was just out of the "why???" thread and found it too funny to read your question...thats it.....it was just an exclaimation from me! now shouldnt i do evn that?? so where did the offense start now?? kajal sure has a way to dealing things better.......i dont think delusions are the only way of thinking buddy....anyways i gotta run now.....

Hey Kajal

at the onset let me apologise to you from the bottom of my heart.....I did not mean to be rude but I know thats exactly what I have gone ahead and done.......please forgive me...

I have been reading the why????//thread and can understand what bond feels........I was in a bad frame of mind when I read your post and hence my reaction.....no offense meant pls....

I am trying really hard to motivate myself and its not easy to do so when u r studing Biochem where I am not even crossing 75 in the past papers while I am routinely getting 96-98 in DA and 95 or so in Path Micro........please help me with Biochem......will the Lippencott review be helpful......I dont want to start reading a new book if it is not going to help me....

sorry again kajal

For biochem
Get the smallest textbook available and go through it before you dive into the details or if you already have a good book stick with it. Try to get the hang the basics. Try to understand how the cycles work and dont try to just memorize it. Sometimes writing it down as you try to understand, helps too.
This worked for me and in the end I really enjoyed studying it. Infact I would do biochem any day than do dental materials :)Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
henna.........do we have to do biochem in much detail.........i am kinda stuck................and one more thing.............i am doing internship..............will get over by dec 2004.......so can i apply to schools for interview after taking up the part one in july?????to put it in simple words can i apply for colleges without degree in hand????????????
thanks in advance.......

You will need the ECE scores before you apply and for that you will need your degree, right ?
Do you have an idea by when you will get your degree in hand ?

Biochem- Dont go into too much details. But whatever you learn, learn it well so you don't get confused.

well..henna....thanks a lot for your prompt reply.......i have all my five marks sheets with me...will that suffice......the degree will be given to me in december.........thanks alot...................

You will have to look into ECE's website for that. ( I think they do require a copy of your degree, but I am not sure ).
Most schools will not invite applicants for interview unless their application is complete.

Henna

thanks a lot.....can u do me favour ...can u find it out from people arond you and let me know coz thats a big reason for my worry.......thanks alot.......

Check out their website. The link is given in the " Links of interest" thread.

Originally posted by Henna
You will need the ECE scores before you apply and for that you will need your degree, right ?
Do you have an idea by when you will get your degree in hand ?

Biochem- Dont go into too much details. But whatever you learn, learn it well so you don't get confused.

Henna's right. If you ask schools, most you'll tell you they DO NOT accept provisional degrees. And ECE does need a copy of your degree in order to evaluate your education.

So looks like you'll have plenty of time to prepare for part 1 and part 2. That's better.

Also Henna's right with Biochem. After I was done studying biochem, I realized that most released papers focus more on Physiology rather than biochem. At least in my test most of the questions I got for biochem were related to physio.

I got my stuff evaluated just when I finished my internship.I sent them the foll:

1)marksheets of SSC,HSC and 1st to 4th BDS.

2)pass certificates of SSC,HSC and final bds

3)transcripts(i.e.subject wise theory and prac hours)

4)copy of internship completion certificate issued by the college.

Also I had procurred a certi from my asso dean stating that I have completed all my requirements for BDS and have applied to the Univ for deg cert.

I got the evaluation done with no hassles.

The trouble is that no univ accepts u without the deg cert.

but go ahead and get the evaluation done....remember the course-by-course one!

Hi Kajal, at the onset let me apologise to you from the bottom of my heart.....
naaa yu are fine.....thats no problem at all.....:)

hi .....thanks to meggs,henna and gpg for the reply.........
So looks like you'll have plenty of time to prepare for part 1 and part 2. That's better
ok now thats an unwanted delay..........
but one of my batchamtes who is US citizen and retaking part -1 this year......told me that we can get a certificate from the dean stating that internship is a compulsary part of education and will be over by this date.......otherwise the candidate has successfully completed the programme......i do not know????+pissed+ +pissed+
i was very happy that i will study these six months and total fun in next six months of my internship.....looks like i will have to take part -2 in dec..........+pity+ +pity+
when will i be able to apply for interviews to various colleges.....
1.my internship finishes in dec 2004
2.i will take up part -1 &2 in july and dec 2004 respectively.....

well its sure a tough grind man...............

Hey Meetlife.......u know what......collect application forms from those schools needing only Part I and send the appli off as soon as u get ur score.....mentioning in a covering letter that u will send the int comp cert in Jan 2004.....they can at least start processing ur appli....

for schools which need part II I suggestu finish ur internship take it online and send off the appli around feb march by when u will have ur deg cert also.....way to go.....

methinks u will be in school by 2006!

where u from basically?Manglore itself or some other place?

hi.....
methinks u will be in school by 2006!
welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll+pissed+ +pissed+ ...such a long wait........thanks a lot for the suggestion............
no i am from chandigarh.........intern at manipal college of dental sciences,mangalore...
all the best...............

Originally posted by meggs
Henna's right. If you ask schools, most you'll tell you they DO NOT accept provisional degrees. And ECE does need a copy of your degree in order to evaluate your education.

i doubt this is true because i got my ECE evaluation done during internship itself without completion of internship. all that was mentioned was that if i finished my course i had a bachelor of dental surgery degree....makes no diiference. i applied to BU and Upenn with a PDC and neither of them asked for the degree certificate.

i did however read in one of the threads earlier that some guy got a provisional admission from NYU with a PDC and would be granted admission only after submitting his degree certificate.

:confused: i don't remeber who exactly it was ut if anyone knows post a link here

lasjy

Originally posted by lasjy
i doubt this is true because i got my ECE evaluation done during internship itself without completion of internship. all that was mentioned was that if i finished my course i had a bachelor of dental surgery degree....makes no diiference. i applied to BU and Upenn with a PDC and neither of them asked for the degree certificate.

i did however read in one of the threads earlier that some guy got a provisional admission from NYU with a PDC and would be granted admission only after submitting his degree certificate.

:confused: i don't remeber who exactly it was ut if anyone knows post a link here

lasjy

I sure don't know what PDC is, and I don't know the system for intership and all that stuff, but I do remember that when I called and wrote all the schools, most of them told me they need copies of the degree.

Meetlife,
Just call the schools and find out for yourself, before you invest any money. Maybe things will work out after all.

Hi Folks ,
I got my ece evelation done during my internship without the degree certificate.
But while the application process I had to send the notorised copy along.I guess I am paying the price of late application:( .
take care

thanks to all....
well i contacted ece.....this is the reply they sent me....i am posting it here for help in future also..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for considering Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) to
evaluate your education. We can complete a Course by Course evaluation
report based on the education you have completed thus far. If you have a
statement from your university confirming that your internship is in
progress, please submit that information along with photocopies of all
official statements of marks for each attempt at each examination issued by
the university. Please refer to the required documentation section of the
ECE application form (www.ece.org).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well pinktooth ur right.......if i take up part one in july and part -2 in december......it will be very late by the time i apply in jan 2005...
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

it was pink peanuts who mentined abt the provisinal degree
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
originally posted by pinkpeanuts
Congrats to every1 who got into NYU.I applied there in Nov..was told to send in my dergee certificate.Since i got it only last week..i sent it to them..only to be told that they don't accept provisional certificates.I'll get mt 'final' degree only in april..will it be too late to send it in then?Also..i was planning to re-take my NDB 1(got only 85 the first time)..Will the best score be taken into consideration or only the latest?Anyone applied to USC?Heard they have a high intake there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi meetlife
i think this reply is a bit too late as you already have contacted ECE but in any case i think it would be of help if i told you i got an evaluation with a provisional degree itself and that was sufficient.
hope that helps.

thanks a lot........

but my main concern is will i be able to apply to the schools with provisional degree......
thanks a lot......

Ya I think u can apply and even will be called for the intrview....I think u need to submit the original cert either at the start of ur summer course or at the start of the actual course.....thats the clinics......best thing to do.....stop speculating and ask the schools themseleves.....and then let us know what they say.....cheers!

Hi Meggs,
PDC stands for provisional degree certificate. It is not a commonly used terminology even in India:)))

Hi everyone!
had my ece evaluation General}even before my final year results were out and the ece report mentioned it quote 'If this student receives the B.D.S as expected, this document will confirm completion of a dentistry program in India'
This was sufficient to take the nbe part 1 .
After completion of intership i got another one prepared with my provisional degree....which i believe is now sufficient for the part 2.
Hope this information is useful...

It would be a great help to know which schools accept the provisional degree as a complete application with no further documentation required!!

cheers..:horns:

highest scores? i have heard of someone who scored 99 in both parts 1 and 2 (from tufts). but does it matter? the question is v academic.... which of us is going to get scores like that anyway??? :D

thanks a lot for the information.....