1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

highlighting on the test

Discussion in 'Step I' started by caffeine52, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Normally at my school we take paper and pencil tests, so I've gotten used to marking up my exam in the process of answering questions. I noticed that USMLE World has a good highlighting tool as well, and I've started practicing using that to highlight key words and mark answers I know are wrong. When I was taking my NBME exam today, I noticed the highlighting function didn't work so well...is this more similar to the real exam? I'm nervous I won't be able to mark anything on the questions ...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc20

5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    actually real usmle is similar to uworld , so yes you can high light words or lines, and they remain high lighted till the end of block so you can come back and work on it if you want

4. thanks so much! would you say the real test looks more like usmle world than a NBME?

5. dsprague12

dsprague12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    UWorld interface is exactly the same as the real thing.

6. peter90036

peter90036 not out fishing
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    use the sample material software provided at the usmle.org website http://www.usmle.org/Orientation/2008/menu.html
    its works exactly like the test (uw has some differences - can navigate questions with left/right arrows but real test you cant)