hijabi muslim doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shayla Flowere

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

As a hijabi pre-med it feels like there's such an underrepresentation of muslim women doctors (weather they wear the headscarf or not), I was wondering if there are any out there who can speak to what the experience is like for them? What is it like balancing religious obligations with such a heavy workload? In my limited experience in the hospital I've always gotten the feeling of being an unwelcome hassle, in terms of having to make accommodations for my hijab, maybe its just where I'm located in the country?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What accommodations have to be made for your hijab ? Just curious. I am a Muslim male doctor who has been in the USA for many years now.

Howdy,

As a hijabi pre-med it feels like there's such an underrepresentation of muslim women doctors (weather they wear the headscarf or not), I was wondering if there are any out there who can speak to what the experience is like for them? What is it like balancing religious obligations with such a heavy workload? In my limited experience in the hospital I've always gotten the feeling of being an unwelcome hassle, in terms of having to make accommodations for my hijab, maybe its just where I'm located in the country?
I've met tons of muslim female doctors. Most of them don't wear a hijab, but I've known a small handful that do. Had a girl in my class that did as well.

Howdy,

I am hijabi Doctor in Usa, it’s sometimes harsh eyes you have to deal with but I am totally fine with that