Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
My favorite part: "Are you OK?"..."Are you OK?"

jvanewportnews

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Virginia
Status
Pre-Dental
Well wasn't she feeling just splendid? The dentist gave me this also during wisdom teeth removal. Maybe it was nitrogen, which I believe is laughing gas, but I like how the dentists don't laugh at the patient when they are in that state, because it at least made me feel better after the operation; it helps me believe that the dentists deal with this regularly:laugh:

AbbyNormal

Yes. No. Maybe.
7+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2010
All I ever get is a local. :(

I want some of what she had.

The Hammer

Tooth Pimp
Nov 13, 2009
On the Cusp of Carabelli
Status
Pre-Dental
She wasn't on Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) because she didn't have a N2O nose on. She probably had some midazolam or fentanyl or even some demerol.

AbbyNormal

Yes. No. Maybe.
7+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2010
I had some midazolam when I had surgery on my neck a long time ago but I sure as heck wasn't feeling as jovial as that girl. Or so they said that's what I got. It didn't do much of anything.

I got 4mg IV morphine in the ED a few months ago. That mellowed me out and was relaxing for a short while but knowing of its high abuse potential I expected something more dramatic.

I dunno. Perhaps I just don't have the right "party" neuro receptors to get a buzz.

Oh well. Caffeine is my favorite drug. Cheap, easy to find and legal. What more could a girl want? Once one of the RNs I was working with was stationed near the coffee pot and she must have had a slow day because she kept count of how much coffee I drank. Eighteen cups in a twelve hour shift.